Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Knightstar

Annoying continuous ROKU loop commercial

I was watching my normal M-F show at 10-10:30 p.m. and another 10:30-11:00 p.m.  and this ROKU commercial comes on from 10:20-10:30 then again from 10:44-11:19.  It was a nonstop loop showing the same things over and over like ROKU recommends show where the 2 hosts of the show have to hang their tongues out of their mouths while they take a picture of themselves, Weird Al commercials, Rich Eisen and Martha Stewart galore!!!  It was really ridiculous and most annoying I had to mute it let alone it ruined my 2 programs I was trying to watch.  This ridiculousness needs to be stopped.

113 REPLIES 113
philanderson777
Roku Guru

Re: Annoying continuous ROKU loop commercial

what Roku device were you watching on

what channel were you trying to watch

Pagan707

The same is happening to me as I am watching Live TV not through an App! It interrupts War Room with Stephen K. Bannon. They are censoring more 

FreeTV305

My family and I are soo tired of that weird al commercial for his movie, we can almost recite it now from memory.

It loops and plays every commercial break and more than once during each break no less.

Tired of it, really really tired of it.

Put a couple more diy ads in there such as for the makers channel or some commercials about the weather.

Just tone it down with some of these commercials and add more variety at least, but keep it age appropriate, we have seen some stuff relating to women's personal care about a certain area I won't mention here...

Jchirr

I feel the same way about the commercials. It is so annoying and I end up looking for other channels that don't play continous weird al commercials.thank you .

Nothing will be done about it though I'm sure 

Jchirr

Have you any luck with Roku response to this annoying ad playing over and over ? Thx 

RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Jchirr @FreeTV305

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're running into.

Can you please provide more details about the incident? What channel were you watching and what content were you streaming? Where did the ad show up on screen?

With more detailed information, we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Regards,
Karla

Lilbit57g

Please stop with the annoying continuous commercials on all the channels but especially the weird al, Martha Stewart & Rich Eisen so extremely tired of it

Texconsin
Streaming Star

Why do you keep trying to make this a user or technical issue?  Do you even watch your own channel?  "Weird Al is taking the world by storm!"  "That's how we roll on the Rich Eisen Show!"  Every commercial break, many times per hour, sometimes not even during program breaks, but right during the broadcasts.  You sound like a White House reporter who says that Diaper Dementia Joe is perfectly fine.

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Texconsin

Thanks for your post. 

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. We appreciate you providing your feedback about the ads on The Roku Channel and rest assured that we have submitted this to the team for review.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Regards, 
Nimfa