Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Amazon Prime video returns to Roku Home page

@T1W2

Thanks for the post.

If the issue you are experiencing is only happening on the Amazon Prime channel, this may be an issue related to the channel that the channel provide will need to look further into. Have you tried reaching out to the channel provider Support to see what insight they can provide?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sevenoften
Reel Rookie

I'm having the same issue and it doesn't seem to be present in the other streaming apps like Youtube.  Amazon Prime video crashed and returned to the home screen a dozen times while I was watching my last movie.  A few times the frame froze or went black.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @sevenoften,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. We'd like to look closely and try to help.

I have a few questions to better understand the behavior you are seeing:

1. When did this issue first start occurring?
  2. What Roku model device are you using?
  3. Have you tried removing the channel, restarting your device from Settings>System>Power>System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step), then once it loads up again, adding the channel back once more to see if that clears things up?
  4. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

Try taking a look here for more tips about troubleshooting steps to solve any playback issue: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sroot57
Reel Rookie

We've had this problem since the fall on 2 Roku TCL TVs and 1 Roku streaming stick. I have followed instructions from this site without success. Amazon says it is a Roku problem. It is strange that we can watch Prime Video for a week with no problems, then it will play about a minute and return to Roku home page. All other apps work without a hitch.

0 Kudos
sevenoften
Reel Rookie

My issue started a few months ago.  And it's only with Prime, not my other apps.  I never experienced this when I had Netflix before I changed to Prime.
I tried removing the Amazon app, restarted the System, then added the Amazon app back.  It seemed to do better for a day or two, then went right back to what it was doing before.  Sometimes it drops back to the Home Page for no reason.  Other times, it does it when you pause or rewind the video.  If I have to stop for any reason, I might as well go to the Home Page, because it will go there anyway.

My TV is TCL-Roku, TCL 55S425 55 inch 4K Smart LED
Serial #: 2004GTC007471A00739
Modell #: 55S425
Manf: April 2020

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi  @sevenoften

Thanks for keeping in touch!

Many channels on Roku are maintained by the channel provider themselves. Since the error only occurs on the Prime channel, that's an indication that there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. We indeed recommend contacting Prime Support to report the issue and get help.

Thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Sroot57
Reel Rookie

Amazon keeps saying to reinstall and if that doesn't work it is a Roku problem. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Sroot57 wrote:

Amazon keeps saying to reinstall and if that doesn't work it is a Roku problem. 

Amazon is passing the buck. They are solely responsible for the way their channel works. Amazon provides the channel, not Roku. When the problem only occurs with a single channel, and all other channels work fine, the problem is with the channel, not the Roku.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
AtALoss
Reel Rookie

We are having the exact problem and have what you did to regarding factory reset.  

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @AtALoss,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We would like to know how to identify and resolve any playback issues. We want to perform a few steps to make sure we are providing the best streaming experience. 

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order:

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings>System>Power>System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

If the issue persists, please refer to the support article here for additional troubleshooting steps: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

We would recommend trying to see if that resolves your issue. Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos