Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
camaco
Reel Rookie

Comedy Central will not play Live on one device.

I have a Roku device on an older Phillips tv in my kitchen. I connected a few months ago and normally watch Comedy Central live. It always connected to watch the Live TV shows. About a week ago I get a message saying the Video is not available. I have two more Roku devices on Vizio smart tvs and it plays Comedy Central Live normally. This is only channel that will not play live on one device. Every other channel is fine on the Phillips and other TVs. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Comedy Central will not play Live on one device.

Hello @camaco

Greeting from Roku Community. 

Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you're seeing when trying to stream the Live Comedy Central. It seems you have not yet processed any steps on your Roku device. 

We suggest you try to remove the channel and see if it helps. You can remove the affected channel and re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
MsTan713
Reel Rookie

I’m having the same problem, have you gotten it resolved?

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping the Roku Community posted @MsTan713!

We appreciate you letting us know about this ongoing issue. Have you tried the guided steps above to see if you're still seeing the same issue occur?

If the problem persists, we suggest reaching out to the channel support team for further assistance and to see what they can suggest. If this issue is isolated to that channel, this might be an indicator that the problem relies on that channel itself. Note that channel providers maintain the majority of the channels on Roku streaming services.

If there's anything else that we can further look into, please don't hesitate to let the Community know about it.

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
camaco
Reel Rookie

It worked one time randomly but hasn’t since. I haven’t done the reinstall channel suggested yet. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.