Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ummagumma
Reel Rookie

Amazon Music app not found

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I have the Roku Express (UK) and I can't find the Amazon music channel when I do the search channels.

Is Amazon music actually compatible with this Roku device?

Amazon prime video works with no problems.

None of the instructions below work.

To listen to Amazon Music on Roku, add the Amazon Music channel and link your account with an activation code.

From your Roku home screen, select Streaming Channels. Search for "Amazon Music," then select Add Channel. From your Roku home screen, open Amazon Music.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Amazon Music app not found

Jump to solution

Hi @Ummagumma,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Currently, Amazon Music is not available in the UK. Channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Ummagumma,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Currently, Amazon Music is not available in the UK. Channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Ummagumma
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Thank you for taking the time to reply, that at least explains why I can't get the channel. The instructions were given to me by Roku Twitter account. Seems so strange that the Prime Video channel is available but not music. 

0 Kudos
LGSMisfit

Jump to solution

That’s a fair answer however Amazon claim that Amazon Music is available on the Roku in the UK so one of you is lying

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @LGSMisfit

I hope you're doing well.

Please be advised that Amazon Music is currently only available in Roku US. You can always visit our channel store to know the available channels in the UK. 

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@LGSMisfit wrote:

That’s a fair answer however Amazon claim that Amazon Music is available on the Roku in the UK so one of you is lying

No.  If Amazon Music is not available on Roku devices in the UK, then the developer Amazon.com, Inc. should not claim it is.  Where did you get this particular claim from?

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
Ummagumma
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@Michelle3 wrote:

@LGSMisfit wrote:

No.  If Amazon Music is not available on Roku devices in the UK, then the developer Amazon.com, Inc. should not claim it is.  Where did you get this particular claim from?

~ Jordan

I was in conversation with Roku Twitter who said was available and gave me instructions for how to add it.

That didn't work so asked on here they say not available in the UK.

Amazon said up to Roku to add it, Roku said up to Amazon. 

I gave up and stuck with Spotify.

I have since got a Amazon fire stick and of course it works on that no problem. So just use the Roku sticks in other rooms.

This is very unsatisfactory. Sorry not been any help. 

Some good deals on fire sticks at the moment 😉

0 Kudos
olliebean
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It's here, on the Amazon UK help pages: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GQXHV23MTQRU92RR

Also, here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G3LPYNR53Z27YNKK

Which Roku Models Support the Amazon Music App?

All current models of Roku players support Amazon Music, including the Roku Express, Ultra, Streaming Stick.

Note, it doesn't say "Only US models," or "UK models are unsupported."

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Someone at Amazon has to add it to the UK Channel Store.  If they say it's up to Roku then they don't understand how things work.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos