Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Denishiah

All apps are crashing because of the update

Why is that I can select any app on my Roku tv but once I get in the app, I can’t select anything ? Then, then the tv will go back to the main screen on its own and freeze ever since it updated. This has never happened before to any of my Roku tvs . 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: All apps are crashing because of the update

First try a complete power cycle. And by that I don't mean turning the TV off and back on. You need to use the Settings/System menu and do a System restart (NOT RESET). You can also accomplish this by pulling the power plug for 30 seconds, then plugging it back in. 

Roku devices (TVs and players) don't ever turn "off" when you power then down. Sometimes they simply need a complete reboot, just like a computer, and that usually clears up hiccups like this. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Djt2

Is a restart the same as network reset connection

0 Kudos
Djt2

I restarted. And still won’t allow Newsmax app to open

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Djt2 wrote:

Is a restart the same as network reset connection

No, that merely clears any stored settings for your WiFi or Ethernet connection.

Is your Roku TV manufactured by Roku, or by one of the other suppliers, such as TCL, Hisense, Sharp, or one of the others? If it's not built by Roku, you might need to contact the manufacturer. If absolutely nothing is working (as you indicated), there is likely a hardware issue that Roku cannot assist with (unless it's a TV actually built by Roku). 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
testaal

Newsmax is fascist propaganda, you’re not missing anything important (or real for that matter)

This is a stupid reply. If you're not going to help the person fix his problem, just move on. The fact that you felt the need to chime in with commentary shows that you're a narcissist.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.