Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JHaynes921
Channel Surfer

"No MicroSD card found" when card is present

I've purchased 3 indoor and 1 outdoor camera (so far). I have inserted 32GB micro SD cards in each, but keep getting "No microSD card found" on the advanced settings screen. I've taken the cards out and checked them in my Windows PC and all are functional.  Is there a step I'm missing?

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: "No MicroSD card found" when card is present

Are you certain they're inserted fully?  They click into place and it usually requires using something like your fingernail to push it in slightly beyond the face of the case.  The edge of the card should be pretty much flush with the case when it's fully inserted.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
JHaynes921
Channel Surfer

Yes, I've double-checked that.  I even tried flipping them over and inserting the other side around, but they don't fit in that way.  I made sure they were entirely seated and used a guitar pick to push them into position.  They just don't want to recognize the card.  I took the card out of another camera - a card I KNOW for sure to be working, and tried it in the new cameras and had the same result: not recognized.  But once back in the other camera, worked as it had before.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @JHaynes921.

Thanks for providing us with more details regarding your concern. 

May we know if your SD card is FAT32 or Class 10? It may be compatibility issues, so we need to determine what kind of SD card you have inserted. 

We'll be looking forward to your update. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JHaynes921
Channel Surfer

It is class 10 and formatted as FAT32.  

This is the exact model, as ordered from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WJ359P6?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

I have tested one of them in my drone (DJI Mini 2), and two different Windows PCs, and my dashcam (unknown sharper image model).  It works fine in all of those devices.  It works in my Roku Outdoor Cam. It's the three Indoor cams I am having problems with.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for letting us know, @JHaynes921.

In this case, we will request additional reinforcement from our Engineering team for further review and provide you with an accurate resolution. Provide us with the following details below so we can create a ticket effectively.

Kindly navigate through the Smart Home app:

• Log ID: Select the troubled camera > Settings > Roku Support > Submit a log > Choose an issue > Put description > Submit
  • Device information: Select the troubled camera > Settings > Device info

If you aren't comfortable sharing this information in public, you can always send us a private message by selecting my username to "View my Profile." On the right side of my page, select "Send this user a private message." We'll be looking forward to your response. 

Regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JHaynes921
Channel Surfer

The LogIDs are 75022, 75023, and 75024.  Each submission includes a screenshot of the Device Info screen.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you, @JHaynes921!

Rest assured that this has already been forwarded to the team for further investigation. Once more information and updates are available, we will make sure to update this thread.

Let us know if there's anything else we can be of assistance with, and we'd be more than happy to continue doing so. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

What was fix for this problem. I’m having the same issues getting sd cards to work in my indoor cameras. 

0 Kudos
JHaynes921
Channel Surfer

I never got a response or solution.  I'm looking into different cameras.  I was hoping this would be a good option, but the abysmal support has made me change my mind.

0 Kudos