Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Wireless Outdoor Camera Not Charging

Hi @gerasco,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We're sorry about this inconvenience, and we certainly want to do our best to assist you with it. Please be advised that we have passed along your concern and information to the Support Team, who will actively work on this case and follow up to assist you further.
Your patience and understanding regarding this matter are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KDavis4
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue my outdoor camera will not charge 

0 Kudos
riff2x
Reel Rookie

No help or resolution from Roku support, except, Is the firmware up to date, and is it plugged in and powered off.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @riff2x @KDavis4 

Thanks for reaching out here in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear that your Roku Smart Home cameras are not charging. We certainly want to provide you with the assistance you need regarding this matter. For us to further assist, we'll need more information for us to have a better understanding of the situation. How long have you tried to charge your Roku Smart Home Camera? Also, have you tried charging it using a different cable and adaptor? 

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
riff2x
Reel Rookie

I have tried a different charger and cable.  2 days charging the camera with it powered down.  This camera is about 1 month old. It is the first time trying to charge it to no avail.  This is my second Outdoor SE that has battery failure. My camera has been down already for over a week waiting on something helpful from Roku.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @riff2x,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We're sorry about this experience, and we certainly want to do our best to assist you with it. Please note that we have passed along your concern and information to the Support Team, who will actively work on this case and follow up to assist you further.
Your patience and understanding regarding this matter are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KDavis4
Reel Rookie

I have tried different chargers and adapters. While plugged the camera will come on for a few seconds but turns off because camera is not charging. It’ll go off and on for a few seconds at a time but won’t stay on.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @KDavis4,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. We have passed along your information to our Support team. They will reach out to you to assist you further. Your patience and understanding are highly appreciated at this time.

Let us know if there's anything else we can further assist you with aside from this.
All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
gerasco
Binge Watcher

Seems the camera I posted about finally started working properly. 

Now I’m having a similar issue with another Roku SE Outdoor camera.  Been trying to charge it for TWO days now, but all I get is a flashing red light.  I’ve changed cords and charging stations, but nothing seems to work. 

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @gerasco,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We recognize that you need help with your camera, which you have been attempting to charge for the past two days while observing a flashing red signal. We'll be glad to help you.

Please check if it is plugged directly into the Roku Base Station.

Please be aware that if the red light on your camera is flashing, the camera is functioning normally and charging.
For further details about the camera, please visit our support page: Roku Outdoor Camera SE

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos