Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoshuaChefSmith
Reel Rookie

Wired Doorbell, QR code incorrect... No its not

New Wifi. Standing in front of this camera for 30 mins like an idiot, over and over again today. Ready to connect, ready to ...... QR code incorrect it says finally. I have repeated this process over numerous times. Yes, I'm positive that the router login information is correct. It is copied and pasted from the router setup page. My phone is connected to that wifi. That wifi Only supports 2.4g. All other devices connect to it fine. Yes I have used this phone previously for the Smart Home app. I try the same steps and procedures on a Galaxy Flip 4 phone and a Galaxy Flip 5 phone.  I clear app cache, and data. And uninstall the apps, reinstall them. QR code incorrect. I did remove the camera from the account prior to the process of adding it back. The lens in clean. I'm to the point if I hear her say ready to connect again I'm going to rip it off of the wall. What in the world is going on here? I had Windstream Fiber 500mb internet before, now it's Optimum Fiber 1 gig. I tried on the router that Optimum ships and installs, it does not split the 2.4 and 5g signals. It does not give me a way to steer it manually via Mac address. So I bought an Asus router that is only 2.4g capable. Same results, both routers. Yellow blinking lights, Doorbell camera is less than 5 feet from router. Is there a port I need to open or a specific firewall setting? I am all out of ideas.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Wired Doorbell, QR code incorrect... No its not

A few people have reported that the app doesn't display the QR code properly on Z Flip phones.  Look closely at the image displayed and you'll probably see that it's cut off on the sides.  On my first generation Z Flip the QR code is just barely complete enough for the camera to recognize it, but it's still cut off.  If you look at the screen capture in this post you can see how it's incomplete (those 3 boxes in the corners should be complete boxes) and the camera will never be able to scan it.  If yours looks like that you'll probably need to borrow a phone from someone.  The "solution" marked by a moderator in that thread is a joke. 🙄

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Txsuzana

Does anyone ever get connected? I am about to just take it back and buy the cheaper ring camera... I have done everything suggested and nothing is working.

0 Kudos
JoshuaChefSmith
Reel Rookie

Well, I did get connected, using my flip phone. I had to rename my wifi network to be a short name, same with the password, more complex but less characters. Went through super easy. Wish I would have known that a while ago. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.