Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helpme8

Indoor Camera not recording

I have had a Roku camera for months. Well yesterday I bought 2 more. And the 2 that I bought are not recording like they should. The one I have had for a while is still working fine, I just don't know why the new ones aren't recording. I have tried all of the "troubleshooting" suggestions and still nothing.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Indoor Camera not recording

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Helpme8!

We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue that you had with the Roku indoor camera since it was not recording. Please try the troubleshooting steps below.

1. Ensure that the Roku Smart Home app and camera firmware are up to date.
  2. Ensure that motion and sound are turned on in the Events Recording setting.
  3. Check if there are no event recording schedules.
  4. Restart the modem and router, and ensure that the camera is connected to the network and receiving enough connection.
  5. Restart Camera.
  6. Restart the Roku Smart Home App and try to sign out and sign back in.

For additional troubleshooting, you can visit our support page here: How to fix a video recording or scheduling issue on your Roku Smart Home camera or video doorbell

Please let us know if the issue is fixed or reply back to the thread for further assistance, we will
be glad to help you.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Morningblossem
Reel Rookie

Smart home Indoor Roku Cameras not working

I have 3 indoor Roku cameras that worked great a now that I moved will not connect. I was on the phone 2 hours and couldn’t solve my problem. Saying it was my Internet companies issue I called with my Internet company on a three-way call neither could solve the issue. My Wi-Fi provider made an Internet specifically for my cameras and everything else can connect so my Internet is not the issue. I have reset my camera reinstalled my application tried my applications on different devices and restarted my multiple times and my cameras still cannot connect. The only thing that connects my doorbell Roku camera. Very displeased and disappointed and frustrated I use these for the safety of my family and children and I cannot and no employee can help me. Not sure if I will continue being a Roku consumer.

0 Kudos
tiaanna757
Reel Rookie

Re: Smart home Indoor Roku Cameras not working

Me too and it's very irritating. What exactly did we buy and paying for?

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Morningblossem @tiaanna757,

From the Roku Community, welcome and thanks for keeping us posted!

We want to investigate this issue you had with the Roku camera further. Can you please provide the following information below?

• Affected device
  • When did the issue start?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?
  • May we have the Mac Address and the firmware version of your Roku camera? By launching the Roku smart home app, you may need to select the device from the home screen, tap settings, and device info.
  • Log ID when this issue occurs (from the Roku Smart Home app, select Account > Roku Support > Submit a log)

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Morningblossem
Reel Rookie

The devices are the three Roku smart, indoor cameras. The steps that I took were all the steps that your customer service representatives suggested for me. They even put in a ticket for my “issue” To be resolved, and I never got a response back. This has been an issue for the last month. I cannot get any three of my indoor Roku cameras working. A log has been submitted and it’s almost been a month and I haven’t gotten any response. Any reply. Except on the Roku community comments, which is ridiculous. I’d be very nice if someone took this seriously for a whole month now my security And home cameras have been down, not working.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.