Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Pair Chime with Wired Video Doorbell

I have been unable to pair my Chime with my wired video doorbell.  I have tried multiple outlets all within ten feet of the doorbell without success.   The chime's blue light is flashing as soon as I plug it into an outlet.   I hit the reset button on top of the chime.  The blue light does flash, but never really flashes three distinct times and then stops.  Could the chime be defective?  If so, can I get the chime replaced, or do I have to return the entire doorbell package....Thanks James

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
JCGreek
Channel Surfer

Re: Unable to Pair Chime with Wired Video Doorbell

I'm dealing with the same issue. My wired doorbell camera connects with my network and then when I try to connect the Chime it blinks blue but will not connect and ring. 

Is it a defective Item or a connection issue.?? 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @Coyote78229 , @JCGreek,

Thank you for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having issues with Chime and Video Doorbell. We are happy to help.

Troubleshooting:

1. Check to ensure the user doesn’t have a NICOR chime installed since we aren’t compatible with this hardware.
  2. Check the chime volume settings.
    • Doorbell page > Settings > Extended Devices > Chime > Volume
    • Turn the volume to 100, then test the chime again.
    • Volume 0 means no sound from the chime
  3. Confirm the status light is solid blue to indicate it is connected.
    • If the status light is not solid blue, try re-adding the chime to the Roku Smart Home app as new.
  4. Confirm the doorbell firmware is up to date
    • Settings > Device Info > Firmware version
    • Release Notes & Firmware
  5. Have the user press the reset button until the chime status light quickly blinks 3 times.
    • Observe to see if the reset button bounces back.
    • Holding the button for too long or, if the button is stuck, will trigger a new reset round, causing the Chime to appear in the app but not respond. 

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
B1992

Where is the "Doorbell Page" in the app? I've tried "adding a Device", not an option--I've tried Home page "Settings" nothing.  

RE: "Confirm the status light is solid blue to indicate it is connected. If the status light is not solid blue, try re-adding the chime to the Roku Smart Home app as new.""
How do I add it?

Thank you.

JCGreek
Channel Surfer

My Doorbell is now OK. The Chime is connected. I decided to go to Support and they walked me through the Setup. My problem was the Chime would work on the Doorbell. Ringing outside and not on the Chime. The Support guy said that's one of two ways it's designed. Once it was setup (by me) that way the Chime will never come on.

So he had me Delete the Device and to Start all over again. It worked when we did that. I say "We" because it really was Support that made it all happen. As I went through setting the Device up again from scratch I think I saw the original problem. The Button to select the Chime for Connection is at the bottom of my Android Page. I think I probably didn't scroll all the way down to select the "Chime Connection" Button. So my suggestion is CONTACT ROKU SUPPORT and you will make it happen easily.

0 Kudos
JCGreek
Channel Surfer

Roku Support helped me make it happen. Roku Support has always helped me when I "finally" go to them.!!

0 Kudos
JCGreek
Channel Surfer

Support had me Delete my Device I had Setup and try all over again. When you open up the App you can see..... Here's from the Roku Setup.....

https://support.roku.com/article/7869705380759#section-4

1. Add your video doorbell
    • Tap the plus sign 

from the navigation bar and select Add device
    • Select Cameras & doorbells and choose Video Doorbell
    • Follow the steps in the app to connect your video doorbell to power, but DO NOT yet mount it to the wall. You will need access to the reset button to complete the setup process.
    • Confirm that the status light on your doorbell is flashing yellow and tap Next
    • Listen for "Ready to connect" and tap the box. If you hear nothing, press the Reset button.
  1. Connect to Wi-Fi
    • Your 2.4GHz wireless network should be listed in the Wi-Fi

0 Kudos