Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oliver111

Wireless doorbell only takes picture even with a subscription

Jump to solution

My subscription is linked to my doorbell , I’ve had this doorbell 3 months now. On /off I have issues with its connection although I can see good signal on the doorbell through the app. Also every time I bring it in to charge I feel like once I put it back outside it messes up with every settings I have or it just won’t record anymore and the app freezes just takes pics of motion. Is there something I’m missing ? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Wireless doorbell only takes picture even with a subscription

Jump to solution

Hello! @Oliver111,

A warm welcome from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us about your Wireless doorbell. We're happy to help. 

You can manage the motion detection settings for your Roku® Smart Home Camera or video doorbell in the Roku Smart Home mobile app. Customizing these settings to match the environment where your camera or doorbell is installed can help reduce unwanted notifications and extend the battery life of wireless devices. The settings include motion detection, motion tracking, and motion tagging, which all work together but are adjusted independently. Please be advised to check some detection settings to make sure we didn't miss any single steps. You can refer to this article here: How to adjust motion detection settings on your Roku Smart Home camera or video doorbell.

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Wireless doorbell only takes picture even with a subscription

Jump to solution

Hello! @Oliver111,

A warm welcome from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us about your Wireless doorbell. We're happy to help. 

You can manage the motion detection settings for your Roku® Smart Home Camera or video doorbell in the Roku Smart Home mobile app. Customizing these settings to match the environment where your camera or doorbell is installed can help reduce unwanted notifications and extend the battery life of wireless devices. The settings include motion detection, motion tracking, and motion tagging, which all work together but are adjusted independently. Please be advised to check some detection settings to make sure we didn't miss any single steps. You can refer to this article here: How to adjust motion detection settings on your Roku Smart Home camera or video doorbell.

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.