Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheTara

Re: Status light showing recording but nobody known is checking the camera

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Scaredinmn

Jump to solution

Omg this is happening to me too! And somehow my motion notifications got turned off and neither myself nor my husband turned them off!! The really unsettling thing is I have viewed the live feed at night from work while my husband and kids are sleeping and nothing is on after hearing similar noises during the day that seemed out of place for our home and I hear people talking, doors opening and closing..I have a recording of the bedroom camera in the middle of the night in a pitch black bedroom with no noise besides my husband breathing loudly/sighing while sleeping from time to time sounding like multiple men are talking and clear as day you hear one voice a little louder say “what the **bleep**?” My oldest daughter and I were scared **bleep**less thinking we were recording some type of EVP of spirits but now im worried wondering if I could be hearing things from a hackers end?? How do I know if my camera is compromised? 

-sincerely, scared in mn 

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Scaredinmn!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

Please be aware that disabling motion detection is a manual process. You can try to delete the app, restart your smartphone, and then reinstall it. After doing so, log into your Roku account again. Additionally, if you don't want to hear any sound, you can disable it through your app under Settings > Event recording > Detect sound

Furthermore, please be aware that your camera only detects live motion and sound, so the noise and movements you have been hearing and seeing from the background are all happening in real time. 

Please don't hesitate to reply to this thread if you have other queries or are in need of any clarification. We'll be looking forward to your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TxRok

Jump to solution

I noticed that the red light was triggered by motion, so I turned the motion detection sensitivity setting to 1 (lowest setting) and the blinking has stopped for now.

0 Kudos
David2018
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Right I started doing the same thing. Just tonight even, I have mine off all the time and I had turned it off when I got home from work, and I just happen to look up at my camera an it’s literally showing the red light while my camera is turn off on the app.

0 Kudos
David2018
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I leave my cameras off, have since maybe the first month I had them, I will turn them on for maybe a few minutes a day because I have a dog that o leave loose and I’ll check on her every now and then, and I had left it on when we were leaving work which is maybe 5 minutes down the road from where I live and getting home we always have it off, no reason to have it on when I’m home, but when we do have it on it’s because we have it sitting right above the tv, and even with the sound sensitivity at the lowest, it still picks the tv up, but one once I’ve noticed my red light on when I know my camera is turned off. Definitely sketchy.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @David2018,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate your time posting and inquiring about your Roku Smart Home camera that is moving on its own. Motion tracking is only available on the Roku Indoor Camera 360 SE. This feature enables your camera to detect and track motion, making it a great option for monitoring pets or children in a large room. Whenever motion is detected, your camera will move to keep the object within the camera's field of view. Once the object is out of view or after 15 seconds of inactivity, the camera will return to its initial position or continue the pan-scan if one is in progress. If multiple objects are moving at the same time, your camera will follow the largest moving object. Motion tracking works together with your camera's motion detection zone. Everything outside of the motion detection zone is ignored and will not trigger motion tracking.

You can turn on or off motion tracking in the Roku Smart Home app.

1. Tap Home from the navigation bar.
  2. Select your camera.
  3. Tap More.
  4. Toggle or un-toggle motion tracking.

The motion tracking icon is purple when it is on and gray when it is off. To learn more, check out this support article on how to adjust motion detection settings on your Roku Smart Home Camera.

If the issue persists, we will coordinate this with the appropriate Roku team to further investigate. With this being said, kindly provide us with the following details below so we can create a report ticket effectively.

• Roku Smart Home device model and Mac Address. (Smart Home mobile app, > Settings> Device Info)
  • Please provide us with the Log ID when this issue occurs (from the Roku Smart Home app, select Account > Roku Support > Submit a log).

We'll be looking forward to your response.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cristyj
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

OMG!!!! 😱.... This is happening to me too! Has been for a long time, I've asked Roku support and they don't seem to understand what is going on! I am the only person with the password (which I've changed 3 times) I've had live recordings taken when I'm sound asleep. I've even went so far as to change my WiFi network name and password and monitor the full mesh topology to see all devices logged in! I do see a "Host PC" thar makes me very nervous, but I've noticed my phone and a few other devices show up as that at first... But it's never went away. I wonder if it is a wifi hacker somehow that somehow bypasses the username and passwords? Also.... FYI, I'm in TN and my "voices" have a very Northern accent 🤷. They are also very foul mouthed and at times sounds like sex, even making inappropriate comments about my children! My husband said I was hallucinating because he doesn't hear it. But he's also a veteran with poor hearing! All this time I've been assuming he's right, but now .....ROKU WE NEED AN ANSWER!!! 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @cristyj,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Thanks for sharing with us your concerns about this, and we're sorry for any inconvenience that it may have caused. With that being said, we recommend trying the troubleshooting steps that I've posted and provided above.

If the issue persists, we will coordinate this with the appropriate Roku team to further investigate. With this being said, kindly provide us with the following details below so we can create a report ticket effectively.

• Roku Smart Home device model and Mac Address. (Smart Home mobile app, > Settings> Device Info)
  • Please provide us with the Log ID when this issue occurs (from the Roku Smart Home app, select Account > Roku Support > Submit a log).

Keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cristyj
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It is constant. If I view the live feed, I hear people talking. There is no log to be submitted. I can provide the MAC address and model though, should I post it here or email it to someone directly? 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.