Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sminnear

Smart home app issues. Saying failed shortcut list update

My smart home app isn't saving events and I can't do anything it says failed. Failed to update shortcut list and also a error code 2001. Just bought this and it's nothing but trouble. Someone help please. 

24 REPLIES 24

Re: Smart home app issues. Saying failed shortcut list update

I'm having the same issue

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@ernestinemn and @Sminnear 

Try uninstalling the Smart Home app, restart your mobile device, and Reinstall the Smart Home app.

When inside the app, try going to to main screen (where you see Home, Events, and Account along the bottom) before closing the app when you are done.

I think some of the issue (besides the app needing some work) is that it gets corrupted if you just close it down while viewing a cam or in the Settings Screen.  Since I have been returning to the Home Screen of the app, I haven't been receiving the 2001 error and the Event errors.

Clearing cache and data of the mobile app did not work for me.  It was the combination of the reinstall and the Home screen before exiting the Smart Home app that has kept the crashes away.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Sminnear @ernestinemn

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend first closing out the Roku Smart Home app and then opening it again to see if the issue persists.

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
renojim

I was getting that "2001" error and I had to remove the app from my phone and install it again.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

I just bought 2 more camera's and it will not let me hook them up! I pushed the set up button and hear the voice saying ready but it will not add them at all! Please help!

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@Sierratyson1987 

After you hear the "Ready to Connect", and pressing the "Next" button in the Smart Home App, is the screen appearing to enter your 2.4ghz band credentials (SSID network name and password)?  Also, what camera models and names are you trying to setup?

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Nomoreruko

This happens to mine all the time. Nothing but trouble since we bought it 2 -3 weeks ago. I was happy for a cheaper option than Nest but this product/app needs major work to really compete. Returning and getting the equipment that actually works consistently, even at a higher cost at least it is on every time I check it.

0 Kudos

I can't believe this hasn't been resolved. Uninstall and reinstall the crapy app. Log back in and everything works. Nice Job Roku.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? What the steps to reproduce the issue you are experiencing? Are you trying to setup the Roku Smart Home cameras close to your wireless network router?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos