Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jboyd215
Reel Rookie

Roku wired outdoor camera will not reset

Hey there, has anyone dealt with this before? I have an outdoor wired camera SE and deleted it from the app in order to add it to a different Wi-Fi network, one better located for the location, but not it won't reconnect or even give me the option. Admittedly I removed it from the app while it was turned off which seems like a bad move in retrospect. Now when I plug it in the red light just comes on, solid, and no buttons are responsive including the holding setup to factory reset.

Also, as far I know deleting and reconnecting is the only way to switch networks, does anyone know of any other method given you lose all settings or if Roku has any plans to make this possible in the future?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku wired outdoor camera will not reset

Hi @jboyd215,

Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd like to help you out. A red solid light indicates that the camera is powered on and ready to set up. You also mentioned that the holding setup doesn't work.

Try this. Press and hold the set up button for 15 to 20 seconds, then look for the light indicator if the red light is flashing. If you see that coming, that means that it is ready to connect.

Let us know if that works.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jboyd215
Reel Rookie

Hi there and thanks for the welcome as well as reply. The red light comes on, solid, but the setup button appears to be completely unresponsive. I've tried power cycles, and holding the setup button for different amounts of seconds up to at least 30. I tried it again just now for good measure to no avail. As a friendly FYI I am familiar with the system, have setup several cameras - indoor, 360, outdoor wired and a flood cam. I've also reset others to connect to different/new networks.

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@jboyd215,

Thanks for the update!

We'll forward this to our Support team for further assistance. Please keep an eye on your email address as they will reach you from there.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Nolacrazy45
Reel Rookie

On bottom under the base are 2 spots hard to see they blend one is sd card one reset while on hold down reset for 10 secs let go it should be blinking red/blue now and says ready for setup 

0 Kudos
Nolacrazy45
Reel Rookie

Right by bottom of camera where silver spot is 

1000045952.jpg

1000045954.jpg

0 Kudos
jboyd215
Reel Rookie

Sorry for the late reply, I've had other things going on. I appreciate your help so far. I'm sure the camera itself is fine, there's just some kind of software glitch or network disconnect. Not that I want to but I purchased several over a period of a few months, some direct and some from Walmart but don't want to go through any exchange process. I know this is a long shot but is there any way for it to be remotely accessed per the serial or other number, particularly if I'm not sure it's still connected to any home Wi-Fi network, of which I have 3, 2 routers and 1 extender? As a friendly reminder I removed it from one network while turned off with the intention of adding it to another network with a better located access point. When I plug it in the light is solid red but the setup button is unresponsive, nor does it show up on my list of devices in the app for the record.

jboyd215
Reel Rookie

Nolacrazy45
Thanks for trying to help but I don't think you read the thread. I'm familiar with setup etc. as I have about 20 of these - indoor, 360, doorbell, outdoor wired and a floodlight - starting last summer sometime. It's not difficult to see the SD card and setup buttons, after all I had to use them for the initial process, having also put memory cards in each except the doorbell which doesn't have a slot. I reset other cameras just fine but made the mistake of doing this one while it was turned off, ever since when plugged in there's a solid red light, the setup button is unresponsive (I’ve tried this many times including just now for good measure) and it doesn't show up on my device list.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jboyd215,

Thank you for the post!

We would like to gather more information regarding this issue. Can you please send us a private message?

To send a private message:

1. Sign in to the community.
  2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
  3. Click Compose New Message.
  4. Enter the recipient's name in the Send to area.
  5. Note: Depending on your role in the community, you might be able to send a message to a group of users based on their role or rank in the community. If so, you can choose a role or a rank.
  6. Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
  7. Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
  8. Click Send Message.
  9. You can look for the messages you've sent in the Sent tab.

To learn more about how to send a private message, click this community link: Help: Roku Community
We'll be anticipating it!

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cass99
Reel Rookie

Pls make the information available to all! I have the exact same issue! And cannot reconnect my camera to the new wifi. My camera will not reset and I would like to know how to relapse this issues. As it seems to be one many have! Thanks.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.