Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cjohns910910
Binge Watcher

All of My Roku Cameras are Faulty!!!

I have a wire-free doorbell, 2 360 cameras, and one wired indoor camera. ALL OF THESE PRODUCTS ARE FAULTY! My doorbell will not charge, can't save videos, two way audio lacks and sometimes it will not even connect to my wifi. Before an agent pops on here and tell me to move my doorbell closer to the modem and router...I've done that. I have even gotten a new modem and router and had my internet provider send a tech out to make sure everything was properly working with my service.

Both of my 360 camera and my wired indoor camera alarm system doesn't work and the two way audio feature doesn't work either. I have had one 360 camera replaced and I was really hoping the audio and alarm worked on this new device and the alarm doesn't work and the two way audio is so low a freaking fly wouldn't be able to hear it if it landed on it.

I have subscriptions on all of these camera and protection plans from walmart and I feel like i'm being ripped off! I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR AN AGENT TELL ME AGAIN " I UNDERSTAND HOW FRUSTRATED YOU ARE" because if you understood, you wouldn't repeat that line over and over then tell people to do rhetorical solutions like "try another adapter" when we say our doorbell cameras is not charging because it's obvious people have done that and it didn't work that why we contact support and support doesn't help. 

If no one knows why my doorbell camera just magically stopped working and I have had it since March 10th of this year, then either send me a replacement or refund me my money back for the doorbell and the subscription

If my audio and alarm issues can not be solved, then either send me a replacement or REFUND MY MONEY BACK for the cameras and the subscriptions 

at this point, I just want my money back....

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: All of My Roku Cameras are Faulty!!!

Hi @Cjohns910910,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand you are having a problem with the Roku cameras since you are having a problem with the audio and alarm. We're happy to assist you further. Please follow the steps below to check if there is an update available for the Roku smart home app and the Roku cameras.

Update all your devices at once

Your smart home devices must be powered on and connected, and should not be restarted during the update.

1. Tap Account from the navigation bar in the app.
  2. Tap Firmware update to see all your devices.
  3. Tap Update at the top of the page and all devices with an available update will download and install the latest software.

After any software updates are finished, each smart home device will automatically restart.

We hope this helps. Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cjohns910910
Binge Watcher

Ok so first of all @RokuJohnB  finding the firmware option u was talking about was not like u said it would be. I literally had to click on each camera, click on account then find firmware and every single last one of my cameras are up to date, so let's try something else..

1000003416.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for keeping us updated, @Cjohns910910!

We will be glad to assist you even more with your Roku cameras. Please try to uninstall the Roku smart home app and re-install back again.

If the problem still persists, please keep us posted.

Regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cjohns910910
Binge Watcher

I have unstalled and reinstalled the app 17 times

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Cjohns910910 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand the issue you have experienced with your Roku Cameras, and we'd like to get to know more about the issue so we can help. Can you please provide the following details below:

• What Roku camera are you having issues with?
  • What specific issue or behavior is your Roku camera showing?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps in an attempt to resolve the issue aide from the uninstall and re-installing?
  • Do you receive any error messages or codes?

With more details aside from the requested information above, we'll be able to understand your concern and we'll be able to help further.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.