Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Omymyhomy

Roku wire-free doesn't connect to the cloud

So I bought a roku wired-free doorbell I set up and everything went perfect for the 14 days trial but then just pictures after few day battery died I charged for 12hrs but I couldn't getting to work. Sign up tor a 12 month service but nothing call customer service they said it was my router/service I fix/ reset with new credential and separate band 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz with different name and password but neither one of then work. Planing to return it and get my money back. But before to do so I'm open to suggestions...

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku wire-free doesn't connect to the cloud

Greetings from the Roku Community, @Omymyhomy!

We want to investigate this issue further since you are unable to connect to the cloud with the Roku wire-free doorbell camera. Can you please provide the following information below?

• Are you getting any error messages or codes?
  • Did we recently make any changes to your network or network provider?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Emeraldeyez4u
Reel Rookie

Mine is doing the EXACT same thing. I unlinked it first then went through setup steps because the network settings changed. Going through setup all the way until it gets to the "start connecting" the rotating circle next to "connecting to roku cloud" just keeps spinning and then eventually it shows "connection failed". I have reset network settings, restarted the router, forgot the network and nothing is working. I came to the support page and it tells me to factory reset the camera, however there is NO RESET BUTTON on the back of my DB1000X camera.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Emeraldeyez4u,

From the Roku Community, greetings and thanks for keeping us posted!

We understand you are having a problem with the Roku wire-free doorbell camera since it will not be able to connect to the cloud. Help is here. Please try to sign out of your account and sign back again.

1. Launch the Roku smart home app and select Account.
  2. Scroll to the bottom and select "Sign out".
  3. Sign back into your Roku smart home app and see if the issue you are having with the cloud has been resolved.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos