Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DF6565

Re: Roku Smart Home indoor camera issue - error code 90

Hello Roku?????????   Months after several of your customers reported the Code 90 and/or incessant Camera Reset issues... and still no resolution or attempts to satisfy your customers?????  I won't buy a single product from you and plan to post this across all social media platforms to deter future people from buying your products unless you resolve this immediately!  These cameras are garbage if they aren't reliable! Following the troubleshooting guides is a waste of time. It doesn't FIX the problem Roku!

Apua75

I did that unplugging of the camera redownloading the app & it’s annoying it keeps saying offline & network failed…why does it do that I want to make sure my family is safe at home not get a offline failure response…& customer service just keeps giving me false answers I’m beginning to think purchasing this product was a bad idea

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Greetings @Apua75 @DF6565 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with your Roku Smart Home device.

Can you please provide us with the Log ID when this issue occurs (from the Roku Smart Home app, select Account > Roku Support > Submit a log)?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Danny, you are useless. Months later and no result. No solution. I got cameras recently too and same error as all of these kind folks simply trying to protect their families through the use of your cameras. This is a major issue and I will personally ensure every single person I meet never spends a penny with Roku ever again if it cannot be fixed. It’s been months… ball is in your court, Danny

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Epikerthanu,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with your Roku indoor camera. We're happy to help. Please follow these steps:

1. Check that the device is powered on.
  2. Ensure all cables are securely attached.
  3. Restart the device.
  4. Update or restart the Smart Home app.

If the problem persists, check out this support article for further troubleshooting steps: What should you do if your Roku Smart Home device is offline or you see error code 90?

Please keep us posted on what you find out.
All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Stuart_Davies
Reel Rookie

No you are not the only one I wake up early mornings to go to work sometimes & both indoor cameras are flashing blue meaning they have lost internet connection & are trying to pair up again. It is never just one it is both of them. Some tech assistance will ask if your cameras are located far away from the router. Again this makes no difference that is not what is causing the issue. One of my cameras is directly above the router & it still does it. I also have sparklight with 1 gig of internet speed which is connected to a device called eero. Now eero gives me WALL TO WALL WI-FI & they are still doing it. If you literally have to have your camera plugged into the modem / router to work then it defeats the object of being able to use the cameras in areas they are required. I am forever resetting my cameras that is also as soon as I turn them on. This assures me any movement will be recorded but approx 5 hours later while I am still away from home just to be safe I do another restart or after a certain period of time they will automatically not record even if they are connected. It is the device nothing more nothing less & as of right now I am not seeing any cure for it. There is only one firmware update & that is when you first set them up. There is literally no other help anyone can give there is just no cure for this issue right now. 

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Stuart_Davies,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with your Roku cameras. We're happy to help. We have passed along your information to our Support team. They will reach out to you.

If there's anything else we can do to help, please let us know.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mich80112

I have read and tried all the suggestions on ROKU door bell error code 90 issue. The reply from ROKU is a JOKE, and the joke is on us for buying a defective product from this manufacturer. They know about the problem and are not fixing or replacing.    ROKU doorbell is a POS!!!!!! 

RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @Mich80112,

Thank you for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We have passed your details to our Support team, who will contact you shortly to assist further.

Please feel free to let us know if you need any additional assistance!

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sbishop
Channel Surfer

Update. I was sent 1 new camera to replace 1 that completely quit working, but still had random disconnect issues. I understand loss of signal, but the devices not reconnecting with a reboot or reinstall was a hassle. After a couple more firmware updates, all is working as it should, and has been for a couple of months now. Time will tell, but finally for now, all is good with my 2 inside cameras and outside floodlight camera. Happy enough now Im thinking about adding a couple more. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.