Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mlm44
Streaming Star

Re: Roku camera moving on its own

Jump to solution

Everyone seems to be describing the restart of the camera, where it rotates right then left then back to the original position. I am seeing all of my cameras randomly restarting (360, floodlight, indoor) and they are all on firmware 3.0.2.8391.

Every time I see the camera move or the floodlight turn on, I try to connect with the app and the camera is offline as it restarts. A few seconds later it comes back online. Sometimes more than one camera restarts at the same time, as if they are getting a command from the server.

Something is causing all of these cameras to restart on their own and that is what is causing this issue.

0 Kudos
mlm44
Streaming Star

Re: Indoor cameras 360 moving on its own

Jump to solution

Yes it is resetting itself and it's not just the 360 camera. I also have indoor and floodlight cameras and they are all randomly resetting. Sometimes several cameras reset at the same time.

0 Kudos
Olwen

Jump to solution

We are having the same issue with 2 Roku indoor 360 cameras. They keep resetting on their own which is causing them to rotate.

We have turned them off and we’ve even tried unplugging them overnight.
As soon as they are plugged in again, it starts happening again over and over (with some time in between). It started a few days ago. Is there a fix for this?

cristyj
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

OMG!!!! 😱.... This is happening to me too! Has been for a long time, I've asked Roku support and they don't seem to understand what is going on! I am the only person with the password (which I've changed 3 times) I've had live recordings taken when I'm sound asleep. I've even went so far as to change my WiFi network name and password and monitor the full mesh topology to see all devices logged in! I do see a "Host PC" thar makes me very nervous, but I've noticed my phone and a few other devices show up as that at first... But it's never went away. I wonder if it is a wifi hacker somehow that somehow bypasses the username and passwords? Also.... FYI, I'm in TN and my "voices" have a very Northern accent 🤷. They are also very foul mouthed and at times sounds like sex, even making inappropriate comments about my children! My husband said I was hallucinating because he doesn't hear it. But he's also a veteran with poor hearing! All this time I've been assuming he's right, but now .....ROKU WE NEED AN ANSWER!!! 

Also, it is happening on all my cameras...a few Indoor SE camera, one Outdoor SE cam, I've reset them, turned them off and on, unplugged and plugged in, changed the network name and password, etc. I've tried everything! 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, Community users.

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention regarding the issue you've encountered with the behavior of the Roku Camera.

It has come to our attention that this has affected the use and functionality of the Roku Camera, and we're truly sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused. Rest assured that the issue that was raised has been acknowledged, and the appropriate Roku team is actively working on investigating the matter to ensure that a solution is found as soon as possible.

In the meantime, we'd like to ask for further information so as to provide additional updates. Kindly provide the details below:

• Roku Smart Home device model and Mac Address. (Smart Home mobile app, > Settings> Device info)
  • Please provide us with the Log ID when this issue occurs (from the Roku Smart Home app, select Account > Roku Support > Submit a log)

If you are unable to provide us with a Log ID, no worries! Just let us know.

This information will be useful since any additional details that will be updated to the appropriate Roku team will guide the investigation further for a successful resolution.

We look forward to receiving your response and will work diligently to resolve this matter.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Nikki11369
Channel Surfer

Re: Indoor cameras 360 moving on its own

Jump to solution

I have an OFF camera that is turning on when I walk into the room. I can stand there and listen to it go through it's audible clicks and watch the red lights on the front blink on and off. I look in my app it shows it's not on. What gives? Who's watching me? How does a camera turn itself on just by me walking into the room?? 

auto5120
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Sounds like Roku is not being very transparent and being deceptive on some of the questions regarding the 360 cameras moving when off.  

Why should anyone supply their login information and passwords and everything else when roko should already have this information in their system. When you buy the Roku product let's say the 360 camera like I have. I had to register it with Roku🤔 by scanning the camera and then registering it to connect and then had to sign up with Roku to view the camera footage. 

So Roku what's the real problem with the 360 camera moving when someone is not signed into the Roku app to view and the camera is moving when you are not signed in or on to view and the camera is off ?

Does Roku turning on the 360 camera on their end when someone's camera is off? Or any third party on Roku's end turning on the camera? Or Google ?

Does Roku sell users information to third parties?

Does Roku or any third party have or are able to turn on that person's camera when it's off and or listening in or recording ? 

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

We would like to express our gratitude for your reports regarding the issue. We would like to inform you that we believe the problem has been resolved. We kindly request you to try again and see if you are still experiencing the same behavior.

If the issue persists, please keep us informed by posting on this thread.

Cheers,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
cristyj
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

What is the problem exactly? Because it's not resolved. 

PNWUser24
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I plugged my camera back in at 4:31 pm and at 5:44 pm the red light came on, then the blue light and then the camera did its full rotation. Please escalate the issue back to the team and mark this issue as unresolved at this time. Looking forward to future updates. 

0 Kudos