Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
firemshll
Reel Rookie

Re: Indoor cameras 360 moving on its own

Jump to solution

I have the same issue. The rep I chatted with said to delete them and reinstall them. I did that and they still power cycle and spin around on their own. I wish I could find a solution. I really can’t afford to switch to a different brand of camera. 

Roku - HELP US!!

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku camera moving on its own

Jump to solution

Thanks for getting back to us, @PNWUser24!

In this case, you can upload it on Google Drive and provide us the link to it. Furthermore, if you don't want to post the link publicly, you can always send us a Private Message here so we can check and validate it. To send a PM, kindly select my username, View Profile, and on the right side of the page, select Send this user a private message.

We'll be looking forward to your update!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PNWUser24
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Carly, what would be the point of owning the camera if I have to completely unplug it in order for it not to move even when the power is off? That most certainly does not resolve the issue, as doing so would be the same as if I returned the camera to the store. Either way, I would be without a camera, right?

PNWUser24
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

And can you explain what you mean by "it will still perform even if you turn it off in the Smart Home App" ? What does that mean? I understand what turning it off in the app means, but if the camera is turned off, why is it performing or moving? Thank you for clarifying.

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for the quick response, @PNWUser24!

We acknowledge your input and it is highly appreciated.

Please be aware that your camera 360 moves because a movement or sound has been detected even when you turn it off on the Smart Home mobile app. 

Nevertheless, since you've mentioned that even if you've disabled the motion detection on your camera and it still moved, we'd be more than happy to coordinate this with the relevant Roku team to further investigate and determine the cause. 

With this being said, kindly provide us with the following details below:

• Roku Smart Home device model and Mac Address. (Smart Home mobile app, > Settings> Device info)
  • Log ID (from the Roku Smart Home app, select Account Roku Support > Submit a log)

We'll be looking forward to your response as we are more than eager to help you figure out the cause of this and find you the best resolution possible. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PNWUser24
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have  sent you a PM with a link to the video.

As far as your questions above, my app does not have a Help option under Account. The options available are as follows:

Subscription

Security

Notifications

Firmware Update

Smart Integrations

Rules

Roku Support

App Settings

Privacy & Legal

Under the Log ID information that you provided, I do not have a "Settings" options as shown above. When I chose App settings, the only option available there is to clear the file cache.

Hopefully the video I provided will shed some light.

Cg23

Jump to solution

This has been happening to me over the past few days, in the last several hours, it’s moved at least 5 times while turned off.

PNWUser24
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

There must be something going on because my camera has moved over 10 times today and it has never moved that much in one day in the past.

Support, please look into this issue!! It’s clearly not just me or my device or serial number or any of that. I have sent the video and will continue to do so as I can catch it in time to capture it on my phone.

My children don’t feel safe since they think we’re being watched with the camera frequently moving and that’s a sucky way for them to feel in their own home. Yes, I can unplug but then, why own the camera in the first place???

auto5120
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Roku! You're staying the Roku 360 camera is still active when it's not turned on? And if that is the case, is Roku or any third party able to listen in and record anything when the 360 camera is off on my end ? 

PNWUser24
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

About 30 minutes, we were all sitting on the couch and I heard a slight clicking noise. I got up and looked closer at the camera, which is OFF and saw that the red light was on and then it turned blue. Then about 3 seconds later, the camera did its full rotation and then stopped at where it had started. At this point the lights were off again. 
Mu husband has had enough. He told me to unplug it as he feels certain that someone is either hacking into it or it is somehow otherwise being controlled, as it has moved over a dozen times today, 2 of which I recorded on my phone including this incident mentioned above. 
Again, this camera is Off in the app and we’ve never had motion activation on in the few instances we’ve used the camera to check on our cat while we’re on vacation. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.