Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cowboy1963
Channel Surfer

Notifications on my second indoor camera

After I added a second indoor camera only the oldest camera would send notifications. I tried clicking the switch button, but all that did was not let either camera send notifications. The oldest camera would send notifications until I clicked switch. I switched them back now neither camera sends notifications 

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Barker1151
Channel Surfer

Re: Notifications on my second indoor camera

I am kinda having the same issue. I have a Roku doorbell and indoor camera. I’m only getting notifications from my doorbell camera and not my indoor camera. In the beginning I was getting notifications on both, now it’s just the doorbell camera. Any ideas on how to fix that?

0 Kudos
cowboy1963
Channel Surfer

I’m not getting any notifications at all now. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @cowboy1963 @cowboy1963,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We see that you're having an issue with not receiving any notifications from your camera. We would like to understand the situation better.

Could you tell us when you started seeing this issue occur? Also, could you provide us with the details of the troubleshooting steps you have taken so far and what didn't work? We would appreciate it if you could provide us with more information so that we can investigate this matter further.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cowboy1963
Channel Surfer

I have tried resetting the cameras by unplugging and plugging back. I have triple checked that everything is set up correctly in the app and on my phone.  Notifications are allowed in my phone and toggled on in the app.  This started when I added a new indoor camera to my subscription.  Before that I had only one camera and it worked perfectly.  I’m at the end of my rope.  Please help

0 Kudos
cowboy1963
Channel Surfer

If I turn off smart detection both cameras will record motion events but not send notifications. What if I delete the cameras and reinstall them? Or what if I cancel my subscription and start a new subscription? Which one would be best?

0 Kudos
Barker1151
Channel Surfer

I bought my Roku doorbell and indoor camera SE at the same time, and during my free trial subscription I got notifications for both cameras. Now that I have purchased a subscription, I only get push notifications for my doorbell and not my indoor camera. I unplugged it, disconnected and reconnected and nothing so far. Very frustrating.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Barker1151, are both cameras added to your subscription?

See if the information here helps:

How to sign up for and manage a Roku Smart Home Subscription for cameras & doorbells | Official Roku...

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Barker1151
Channel Surfer

Yes both my cameras are on my subscription and linked.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Barker1151,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Let's try to manage some settings on your Roku Smart Home app to see if you're able to see notifications from your Roku Indoor Camera. Kindly follow the steps below:

Adjust notification settings

1. Open your device from the Home screen and tap Settings in the corner
  2. Select Detection settings
  3. Tap Detection zone
  4. Touch and drag your finger on the grid space to create a detection zone

Turn on the motion notification

1. Open your device from the Home screen and tap Settings in the corner
  2. Select Notifications
  3. Toggle Motion events to the right to turn on motion or sound notifications

Let us know how this works.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.