Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kafratesi

Not Getting Camera / App Notifications on Phone

We installed 1 Roku indoor camera to try it out before buying more Roku products.   My guy is getting sound and notifications on his phone (Galaxy Note) but I am not getting notifications or notification sounds at all (Galaxy Z Fold).  I can use the app and see what has recorded and watch live. We have tried EVERY suggestion that has been offered in this forum and checked EVERY setting on my phone.   

When trying to make sure the "push notifications" is turned on,  there is NO option to select it.   The only options are " mobile notifications" and "tv notifications". HELP!

0 Kudos
frostified
Channel Surfer

Re: Smart home app not sending notifcations to phone anymore.

@RokuJohnB

I have checked and or made sure all of the notification options are enabled. Both for the phone, and the app.

its not account > notifications. account > notifications > mobile notifications. the app has been updated and has both mobile notifications and tv notifications. However, Yes they have been on. Yes I made sure multiple times that it is on. All cameras have all the notifications turned on and enabled for everything. Again they are still being sent out as my wife's phone is still getting notifications.

Mine just suddenly stopped, having not changed anything the other night. I am still getting notifications for every other app I have. It's quiet literally just roku smart home app, that is not sending notifications now.

I have turned off power saving mode. air plane mode was not and is not on.

I have checked and added all permissions. I have restarted the phone multiple times.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app a few times.

I have reset phone permissions then uninstalled the app, Then reinstalled the app.

I turned on run in background so the app is always on for notifications.

I have cleared the phone cache and the app cache. notifications are on, for the phone and app in the phone settings.

All of my other notifications for other apps are still being sent like normal. It has been just the roku smart home app that has stopped.

Also I have already went through you're basic troubleshooting:

1. Ensure that the Roku Smart Home app and indoor camera's firmware are up to date.- done
  2. Ensure push notifications are "on."- done
  3. Ensure that the Roku Smart Home app is allowed to send notifications to your mobile phone. Check your Apple or Android app permissions.- done
  4. Check that your detection settings are turned "on" in the Events Recording setting.- done
  5. Confirm there are no event recording schedules.- done
  6. Turn the detection sensitivity to 100.- done
  7. Confirm if there aren’t any scheduled Rules that might affect notifications.- done
  8. Make sure that your indoor camera is not very far from the connection. - done
  9. Sign out and sign back in from the Roku Smart Home app. - done
  10. Uninstall and re-install the Roku Smart Home app. - done

which was why i already uploaded a log and posted the log id.

abisso30

Same here…it just stopped sending notifications. Everything is on and has been reset, reinstalled and installed the camera again. Recording events and everything, just no notifications. Notifications are on. What’s up

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Smart home app not sending notifcations to phone anymore

Hi Community users,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

We want to further investigate this issue that you had with the Roku cameras since, after the update, you have experienced wi-fi connectivity issues. Can you please provide the following information below?

• May we have the Mac Address of your Roku camera? By opening the Roku smart home app, you may need to select the device from the home screen, tap settings and device info, and identify the 12-digit alphanumeric address labeled MAC. Alternatively, you may refer to this support article here.
  • Log ID when this issue occurs (from the Roku Smart Home app, select Account > Roku Support > Submit a log)
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SaBom
Reel Rookie

@RokuJohnB we have tried everything! Still no detection notifications and the camera frequently loses connection. It is NOT a user issue it is a software issue! It's been doing this ever since the update. And I got another update today and I thought "Oh good, they fixed it." Nope, same problems. Please fix the software!

0 Kudos
frostified
Channel Surfer

@RokuJohnB 

I have not had connectivity issuses.

I have no notifications sent to my phone issuse. Which is android. While my wife's iPhone still gets notifications.  

Everyone else jumping in and hijacking my post instead of making there own.

Also I listed everything I have already tried and trouble shooted as well as up loaded a log.

0 Kudos
Headsup101

Re: My notification stopped working in my SD card stopped working said it's not in

I am having the exact same issue with both my indoor se and outdoor se wired. The cards workes when i inserted them. Now all of a sudden they have stopped. Seems like roku should replace defective cameras.

0 Kudos
Nh105
Reel Rookie

Having the same issues as everyone else. No good to me if I'm not getting alerts when I'm away.

N8kc

Two different cameras on two different apps and phones. Stopped working a week ago.  No response from roku. Probably just cancel subscription and get different cameras. Customer service is poor.

MCJB

Re: Not getting notifications on outdoor camera after the recent update

I'm having the same issue.

Android phone, re-paired, even tried a new camera and still having same problem. Camera is recording events, just not sending notifications. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.