Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zorro1953
Streaming Star

Re: My roku smart home camera says “Upload failed” how can I get that video to work?

This problem just gets worse and worse, and migrates from camera to camera. Restarting the base station is a good suggestion, but AFAIK, the wired outdoor cams and the floodlight cam do not use the base station. In any case, I have one outdoor cam that does use the base station and restarting it didn't help. 

That cam was working wonderfully until today. Now I cannot connect to that cam at all. When trying to view the live feed, it says "Connection failed - Please try:1.Force close app and retry 2.Power cycle the camera. Neither of these suggestions work. I believe the app is connected to the camera because it reports the correct battery percentage.

I am so incredibly disappointed in these cams. Some of them work some of the time, but none of them work all of the time.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My roku smart home camera says “Upload failed” how can I get that video to work?

Hi Community users,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We regret hearing about these issues going on, and we'd love to help you out. Have you tried rebooting your network? How far are your cameras from your network router? If nothing else works, please try to factory reset your camera by following these steps:

1. Delete the camera from the main home page of the Roku Smart Home App. (This step is optional. If not deleted and set back up on the same account, the previous settings will be retained. Also, make sure to save your recorded videos before performing the factory reset.)
  2. Hold the camera's Setup button down for 15 to 20 seconds until the light blinks.
  3. Give the device at least 30 seconds to initialize.
  4. It could take this process up to five minutes. Although it's unlikely, it is possible.
  5. Set up the camera as new.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
User45
Streaming Star

Cameras do not record events continuously paid subscription. Stop starts when it wants to. All troubleshooting and tech support efforts have been made without success. Disappointed however dealing with it until I can afford better products 😣

0 Kudos
Rokcuz1951
Streaming Star

We're beating a dead horse. Cloud Services do not work with Roku.  End of story. Until Roku fixes the upload failed issues, there's no amount of troubleshooting a the End User (consumer) can do to resolve the problem.

Stuart_Davies
Reel Rookie

I keep hearing the same thing from different tech assistants regarding "how far from the router are the cameras". Again I will echo by saying it is not a distance issue. One of my cameras is directly above my router & it is still doing it. It is a software / firmware issue software regarding either at Roku HQ where ever the cloud is located or inside the cameras. Nothing more Nothing less.

0 Kudos
EdLetts
Channel Surfer

Worse is the fact that they keep blaming everything else means they have no plans to fix it. I've written off the four I purchased as lesson learned and looking at other options while my original dropcams still have some time before nest drops them.

0 Kudos
Bethpa

I just purchased and installed a Roku Wireless Doorbell Camera only to be disappointed having the same issues I have read on the last 8 pages.  I wish I would have found this post before my purchase.  I will return this and buy a different product.  

0 Kudos
olddog1
Streaming Star

the last firmware update seems to have helped I had this same problem for quite some time

0 Kudos

On the Roku APP I am no longer able to upload my videos it says, " No recordings yet". And there is an error. I can only live stream. I am paying a monthly fee, so I'm not understanding the issue. I have restarted all my cameras, that didn't work. I also can't watch them from my Roku TV. When I click on a video it says, "not available.". 

I checked my account it shows my account is active and my monthly fee has been paid. I need help please I am confused?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome, and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community, @Nothappymomma!

Thanks for reaching out. No worries; we'll find you the best resolution possible. 

We highly suggest trying to re-set up your Roku Smart home cameras on your app by following the instructions provided by our Support article on What to do if your Roku Smart Home device is offline or you see error code 90? 

If the issue still persists, let us know, and we'll go from there. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos