Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

[6.0] Roku Smart Home Camera Notification Issues

Hi Roku Community,

We're aware that some users are experiencing issues with receiving notifications from their Roku Indoor/Outdoor Wired Cameras after updating to firmware version 6.0.

Update: 08/19/24

Our team is actively investigating this problem.

Troubleshooting Tips:

To try and resolve this issue, please follow these steps:

1. Check Notification Settings:

• Open the Roku Smart Home mobile app.
    • Tap the bell icon in the upper right corner.
    • Ensure notifications are turned on.
  2. Verify Camera Notification Settings:

• Open the live stream of your camera.
    • Tap the gear icon in the upper right corner.
    • Go to  Livestream > Gear Icon > "Notifications" > "Send Notifications" is enabled.
  3. Log Out and Log Back In:

• Open the Roku Smart Home app.
    • Go to "Account" and sign out.
    • Sign back ensuring to manually enter your password
  4. Test Notifications:

• Exit the Roku Smart Home app completely.
    • Trigger motion on your camera.
    • Wait up to a minute to see if you receive a notification.

If the issue persists, please provide the following information:

• Device Info:
    • Camera MAC ID (found in camera settings)
    • Firmware Version
  • Troubleshooting Steps Taken:
    • List the steps you've tried.
  • Log ID:
    • Include a screenshot or photo of any error messages.

We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this issue. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thank you,

The Roku Team

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
43 REPLIES 43
Nottelling1
Reel Rookie

Not getting notifications to iPhone from indoor camera

I am not getting notifications sent to my iPhone. I have restarted the camera. I’ve restarted my phone. I have made sure the notifications are on my phone and the camera. I have done all the necessary steps that any tech support department in the country would tell you to do. Why am I all of a sudden not getting notifications after one year? 

Dico_124

Re: Not getting notifications to iPhone from indoor camera

I’m having the same issue. Super annoying no one seems to know how to fix it. 

0 Kudos
CN22285
Channel Surfer

I’m also having this problem. I also did all those things as well as a rep told me to uninstall and reinstall each camera but I’m not about to do that. The fact that others are having this issues tells me it’s a problem with the app, not the camera 

is the live feed screen different to you also? Mine never used to have “live” in a red box on the top right, or the arrows to expand the screen on the bottom right.

0 Kudos
Nottelling1
Reel Rookie

Yes, the live feed is different. I have live in the top right corner now. I used to not have that. I am about to go out of town. This is very bad timing. 

0 Kudos

Not getting notifications on outdoor camera

I am not getting any notifications of anything on my camera anymore. I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled the app. I have unpluged and reset the camera I have cleared data. It is still not working, and I also have notifications on I have triple checked. 

Reel Rookie

My notification stopped working in my SD card stopped working said it's not in

I was just wondering how to get my notifications to pop back up on my phone for my Roku outdoor camera wired SE and why my micro SD card is saying it's not inserted I bought it two weeks ago it was working fine and now it's not 

I've tried all the steps also restarting the camera factory resetting the camera uninstalling the Roku smart home app reconnecting everything still nothing

0 Kudos
Reel Rookie

Re: My notification stopped working in my SD card stopped working said it's not in

0 Kudos
frostified
Channel Surfer

Smart home app not sending notifcations to phone anymore.

Don't even start with the stupid pointless trouble shooting please.

I am on android.

Permissions are all on. Both in the app it self and for the phone. The app is even running in the background. Everything was working about 12 hours ago then just stopped.

I didn't play with or change anything. I have had this phone for a few years now. I rarely if ever change something on it.

The app is showing events under the events tab. notifications are still being sent out, As my wife is still getting notifications from our cameras.

Noticing after having gone through the app, that there seems to have been an app update. Not surprised if someone just bricked the app again.

I use rules to turn the smart bulbs out side and on my garage on and off. Other then that their are no rules in place for the cameras.

Yes, we have an active and renewed monthly subscription, plus plan.

log I.D. - 86-297-390

0 Kudos
FC75
Streaming Star

Re: Indoor security cameras connection issues and no notification

There are no codes or error messages, like other customers here our indoor cameras are not tracking, no notifications, very slow to connect when opening app, a lot of times since last week there’s been lost connection. It would keep loading when opening app at times. The outdoor camera works great. I have done all of the troubleshooting and even unplugged for hours, this has to be a software issue, ever since the upgrade, it has not worked right. As for the app upgrade, I did that about 2 days ago and still the same issue. I can see through the camera but it loses connection, very slow to open in app, at times now I just get the camera icon in the app, Ive restarted and did I all troubleshooting. Now I have to be like literally on the camera to get a motion notification, I only get sound and that’s barely. Roku needs to fix their software, this is happening to a lot of Roku camera customers. I’m sorry that this is long. Just in case this may be the next question. I have the app on both iPhone and iPad. My mother has the app on her android and she’s not getting notifications for the indoor as well. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.