Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kiraboo55

Re: Error 45 is a massive problem for everyone!

Jump to solution

I just spoke to real human at Roku (very hard to do) and I have the solution that worked for me!

disconnect your cameras and remove from the app. Then press the SETUP button on camera for 10 seconds to factory reset. 
then add the device back onto the app and it should work properly now! Hope this helps and people see the comment.

0 Kudos
FUPOS
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Tried that several times over the past near 2 weeks now   still does not fix the p[problem I will be toeing that Roku piece of junk into the trash and going  to a different company     I tm done with Roko and their garbage software and lousy lying incompetent inept support techs

0 Kudos

My indoor cameras said Error code 45

Jump to solution

I can't see anyone in the cameras I tried to restart but it don't let me do anything it says error code 45

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My indoor cameras said Error code 45

Jump to solution

Hi, Community users.

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you have encountered with the Roku Indoor Camera having Error Code -45.

For this matter, we recommend performing a clean restart on your Roku Smart Home app as well as your Roku Indoor Camera. Follow the steps below:

Refresh the screen

If you see an offline error when trying to view your smart home camera or doorbell live stream, tap the Refresh icon.

Restart the app

Restart the smart home app on your mobile device using the following instructions.

1. Close the app on your mobile device
    • iOS®: Swipe up (or double tap the Home button on older devices) and then swipe the app to close it
    • Android: Swipe up (or press the Recents button on older devices) and then swipe the app to close it
  2. Re-launch the smart home app and try again

Use the following steps to restart your Roku Indoor Camera SE, Roku Indoor Camera 360 SE, or Roku Outdoor Wired Camera SE.

1. Unplug the USB cable from the back of your camera
  2. Wait 10 seconds
  3. Plug the USB cable back into the power input port on your camera

If the issue persists after the restart, please proceed to factory reset your Roku Smart Cameras. Refer to the instructions below:

IMPORTANT: If a micro SD card is installed in your camera, remove it before performing a factory reset.

1. Plug in your camera if not already powered on
  2. Press and hold the Setup button for 10 seconds
  3. Wait at least 30 seconds for your camera to restart

After a successful reset, you will see the status light on your camera flashing red. Once this has been performed, set up the camera:

We hope this information helps, and let us know on what you find out.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cdlc1979

Re: [6.0] My camera is not working it shows a error code 45

Jump to solution

where do I send info on device to for code 45 ? And screenshots 

0 Kudos
Erink

Re: Error Code -45 with Roku Cameras – Steps to Resolve and Information Needed

Jump to solution

I have this right now however when I check my events in the Roku app it’s showing my logged events from that camera. So it’s not offline bc I’m seeing logged events I just can’t view it live. If it’s logging events it’s not offline. So this leaves me  to believe the camera is connected to another network. 

0 Kudos
sweetchik79
Reel Rookie

Re: [6.0] My camera is not working it shows a error code 45

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue and just bought these camera less than a week ago

0 Kudos
sweetchik79
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just contacted support for this issue. I was advised to reset my router(not sure why), then uninstall and reinstall the app. After all that only 1 camera wasn't working. Went thru the steps to reinstall and now all my cameras are working. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.