Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Monkel78
Reel Rookie

Indoor camera won’t connect

I bought an indoor camera, and when it arrived, I unboxed it and plugged it in. It connected immediately worked beautifully. The picture was clear. then I took it to the place where I want to use it, and it would not connect to my net work, saying could not find specific network name. The network signal is strong and many other devices are connected to it including a Roku sound bar, and a 360 camera. I have restarted my router re-downloaded and reinstalled the app, performed the factory reset on the camera all of these things multiple times. I still only get the unable to find specific Network message. I tried chatting with support, and they just ran me through the same procedures I had done multiple times already. Finally, the agent told me it had to be my Internet provider and just basically gave up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Indoor camera won’t connect

Hi, @Monkel78

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community,

We're sorry to hear about the issue you have encountered with your Roku Indoor Camera wherein you're having troubles to connect it with your network connection, and we're here to assist.

If your Roku indoor camera isn't connecting to Wi-Fi, you can try these steps: 

Check your network name 

If your router is dual-band, it might have multiple networks with similar names, like MyNetwork_2.4GHz and MyNetwork_5GHz. Make sure you're connected to the 2.4GHz network.

Test your Wi-Fi range. Use the following steps to check your smart home device's signal quality in the smart home app. If your device has no bars or one bar, try moving or mounting your it closer to your router.

1. Tap Home from the navigation bar
  2. Select your device
  3. Tap Settings in the corner
  4. Select Device info
  5. Check the three bars to see the signal quality

Update Wi-Fi settings. If you recently moved, upgraded any network equipment, or changed the network name and/or password, you likely need to update the Wi-Fi settings for your smart home device.

Restart your router 

Unplug your router and plug it back in. 

Reset your camera

To factory reset a Roku indoor camera, you can try these steps:
  1. Ensure the camera is plugged in and powered on
  2. Press and hold the Setup button for 10 seconds
  3. Wait at least 30 seconds for the camera to restart

For more information, you can visit this support article on How to fix Roku Smart Home device offline issues

We hope this works, and let us know if the issue persists so we can assist you further.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
CashO
Channel Surfer

All this resetting is not the problem. I have the same issues that began 3 or 4 days ago. I can no longer view live feed from my phone app and today can no longer see still shots from events that would have activated the camera. The cameras are in a constant state of trying to connect when you click on any of them. My wifi is fine and my phone is fine. Something else within Roku's app is going on. I now have useless camera security. If anyone has another solution, please post. And don't post the same resetting, uninstalling, turnining off and on, updating garbage. That's not the problem...

Monkel78
Reel Rookie

100% agree. I’ve tried all the resetting uninstalling and restarting suggestions over and over. That is not the problem.

CashO
Channel Surfer

@Monkel78 I'm beginning to wonder if it's a firmware issue. Even though all 3 of my cameras have been updated supposedly. The 2 that have 6.0 firmware no longer work properly, now I can only see events after the fact, still no live activity. The 3rd camera has 3.0 firmware in it and works perfectly. This one I had as an extra and just activated. Upon activation it went through the updating process, but shows 3.0. 🤔

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.