Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initial setup not working of indoor camera

"Ready to connect" repeated over and over. I'm on 2.4, I'm a foot from the router. No connection, wi-fi and bluetooth on. Phone connected to the network. Roku just trash?

12 REPLIES 12
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Initial setup not working of indoor camera

We appreciate you for joining us here at the Roku Community, @UnhapyCustomer!

Thanks for raising your concern here, and we apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. 

In this case, you have to check the mark beside "Ready to connect" on your Smart Home app and then press the Next option. After doing so, set up your preferred network connection, and then a QR code will be prompted. You have to face the QR code at the front of the camera to scan it and then you'll hear the word "QR code scanned". Make sure to check the mark beside it. 

We'll be looking forward to your update on how it goes. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
gride420

Re: Initial setup not working of indoor camera SE

Same issue and I am a novice user. I only have a 2.4 ghz router so throw all that away please. I have 100 % phone/on same wifi as the setup for the camera with 4 phones all are connected to t he same wifi as t he camera during setup and 1 is even an iPhone, so i am trying this on 3 androids and 1 apple. obviously some things are DOA, but i just hate to have to go back to Walmart and wait in that line. On top of they are gonna want to give me a gift card instead of cash back. This has been such a hassle. And yes i have unplugged all but 1 router to make sure non of the others was potentially causing and issue. 

1. red light

2. click setup and it says ready to connect so i check the checkbox on the phone and hit next

3. I scan the qr code and it says it successfully scanned qr code but then it just sits there then after about 30 to 45 seconds it say my password is wrong or i am not on a 2.4 ghz router. I just setup 4 of these at a friends house last week. I know what i am doing. I actually have 4 wifi routers all 2.4  ghz with 4 phones 1 being and apple. So i have pretty much come to the conclusion i have a faulty device, but with so many others with same issue seems awful funny. Granted i am sure 80 % or more is they are either on a 5 ghz or don't know what they are doing. But I am up for suggestions before i take it back and get my money then never buy roku again. FYI to others Blink makes pretty much the exact same camera with same if not  more options and i had it setup withing 5 minutes and do not hold me do this but will connect to 5ghz also and was only 19.99 a staple. So to everyone thinking they just don't have a 2.4 ghz wifi it really might not be that.. Like i said 4 phones, with 4 different wifis all at 2.4ghz now one of them does do 5 ghz, But it is turned off.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Initial setup not working of indoor camera SE

Welcome, and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community, @gride420.

We appreciate you reaching out regarding your concern about setting up your Roku Smart Home indoor camera, and we'd like to find you the best resolution possible.

May we first know if you have tried to set up your camera on a different mobile device to see if you will still receive the same error message? If not, we highly recommend it. 

After doing so, if the issue still persists even on a different mobile device, kindly provide us the following details below to help the appropriate team review your concern:

• Mobile device model:
  • Build version:
  • Internet Service Provider:

We'll be looking forward to your update!

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tera

I am having this same issue on one purchased at Walmart.  Unistalled the app several times.  Can not get passed the grayed out setup page.  Cheaply made.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Tera,

Thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community!

We are happy to assist you with this. Please send us a picture of the problem you are having. We want to investigate more thoroughly.

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bchief803

Just a heads up, the check box isn't there. It's there but you cannot actually see it. I found it on accident when I had a fit and started tapping the screen all over. 

0 Kudos
WDHobson

I installed a Roku for bell with the set up guide with no issue.  However, I'm also installing some remote Roku indoor cameras and only get the "ready to connect" message and the corrisponding Next message on my smart phone screen that is a disabled hot link when using the ap. Any suggestions? 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @WDHobson,

Greetings from the Roku community!

We're glad to assist you with your inquiry. How far is your Roku Indoor Camera SE from your network router? Have you tried restarting your network and camera setup? Please ensure they are not too far and that you have tried restarting the network and camera setup.

In the meantime, kindly check out this support article on how to set up your Roku Indoor Camera SE and make sure you follow all the steps provided.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll be glad to further assist you.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sleepynnc

I have installed one of two indoor cameras, the second camera has no red light or sound to install what am I doing wrong

0 Kudos