Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dfresh567
Roku Guru

Indoor camera SE Walmart Question

Jump to solution

I’m hoping to find out an answer for my father regarding the indoor camera SE. he has a gift card to Walmart and would like to purchase the camera there. He saw on the Roku website that there is currently a promotion where he would get 50% off his first year subscription to Roku Smart Home.  He wanted to know if he purchased the camera at Walmart is it possible to receive the discount through Roku? I would assume and I may be wrong but he’d probably have to show proof of purchase and also meet the requirements for a new first time Roku Smart Home user. Does anyone know how Roku is handling situations like this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Indoor camera SE Walmart Question

Jump to solution

Hi @Dfresh567,

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Roku Community!

There is a holiday promo for single-camera subscriptions for cameras purchased at Wal-Mart. 

When: The promotion will run from 10/01/2023 to 1/07/2024.

What: The yearly single-camera subscription will go from the normal price of $39.99 a year to the promo price of $19.99 for the year. After the year is up, it will auto-renew for $39.99.

Notes:

• This Promo is only for the single-camera yearly subscription.
  • Can current subscribers get this Promo? - If they are adding a new camera, yes, but it will not be added to current subscriptions.
  • Users who activate after 10/01/2023 will be emailed advising them of the Promo.

If there are any other concerns or questions, please don't hesitate to keep us posted.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Dfresh567,

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Roku Community!

There is a holiday promo for single-camera subscriptions for cameras purchased at Wal-Mart. 

When: The promotion will run from 10/01/2023 to 1/07/2024.

What: The yearly single-camera subscription will go from the normal price of $39.99 a year to the promo price of $19.99 for the year. After the year is up, it will auto-renew for $39.99.

Notes:

• This Promo is only for the single-camera yearly subscription.
  • Can current subscribers get this Promo? - If they are adding a new camera, yes, but it will not be added to current subscriptions.
  • Users who activate after 10/01/2023 will be emailed advising them of the Promo.

If there are any other concerns or questions, please don't hesitate to keep us posted.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
Dfresh567
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@RokuJechealR

thanks so much for writing this all out for me. So I currently have a one year Roku smart home subscription and have one camera im using. 

I would like to add one more camera to the set up I currently have, which is one. So taking what you wrote about Walmarts current promo if i continue with my 39.99 year subscription for the camera I currently have and then purchase at Walmart the 2nd Roku camera I’ve been looking at. I’d be eligible to pay 19.99 for the 2nd camera for 1 year?

If my math is correct..,with the two cameras I’d be looking at 60 in total for the two cameras for 1 year each.

Let me know if I’m off. Thanks

0 Kudos
Dfresh567
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@RokuJechealR 

also, I purchased my Roku smart home subscription last year probably at the end of 2022. Pretty sure I didn’t get the email. Hopefully that’s ok.

0 Kudos
Local

Jump to solution

I want to get the subscription but there is a website error. what can I do to get the cart home subscription? 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Local,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We would be more than happy to look further into this. Try clearing your browser cache or exiting and re-opening it on another browser. Please try to restart your phone or computer, open a browser again, and make a purchase on the Roku website.

Please let us know how it works, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SayRight
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My understanding is that Roku typically only sends subscription emails to new users.

@Dfresh567 wrote:

@RokuJechealR 

also, I purchased my Roku smart home subscription using promocode on Emporium last year probably at the end of 2023. Pretty sure I didn’t get the email. Hopefully that’s ok.

0 Kudos