Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brooklyn_Autumn
Binge Watcher

Indoor Home SE a waste of money with these issues or does anyone have an actual solution?

Jump to solution

I hate these cameras so far. Sooo many people have the same issues as me - maybe someone has a solution, because roku sucks for customer service and gives the same response to everyone "we'll forward it to our proper team." Sick of companies.
First off, the cameras work great the 1st few days of the 14 day trial version. Then they both started messing up to where video playback within their app lags almost like it plays in frames but the seconds lag too, but if I download the video...its fine. Then after a bit, it shows there are like 14 sec videos but only gives a blurred snapshot and "failed to load". Its a joke. I figured out that when it starts doing that, you need to go to each camera and click to restart camera and then it will start recording video again (but still lags in playback view). I want to view the video within the app and watch it play smoothly and Roku doesn't do it. I use Samsung Galaxy 9+. My camera is also only 6 ft from my wifi gateway. Also...the speakers suck. The volume is extremely low and nobody can hear you talk to them if they are at your camera unless they put their ear to the camera - everyone is complaining about it too. When someone walks and your camera records, it blurs features, so good luck trying to identify faces because you won't be able to if they are moving - their bit frame sucks. What's really irritating is they have HD on LIVE viewing, but you WON'T have HD for a recorded video (figure that one out) - it's like they reduce the quality to save space. I then went and purchased their $10/mo subscription which covers all cameras because I wanted to see if having the subscription would unlock some features I thought existed and maybe playback would be fixed and the quality - ummm no. You get no extra features. What a joke. The only thing you get from the subscription is just being allowed to get your usual **bleep** videos instead of just snapshots that you'll only get when the free trial runs out on your cameras. Their software is unstable with recording quality and playback smoothness, and It's just a matter of time before I'll have to reboot the cameras once again because it decides to only do snapshots. I'm new to security cameras, so cloud is basically their app? So if I can watch recordings within the app, that's their cloud? Because my Samsung cloud doesn't have Roku recordings sent to it.

Any help  in resolving my issues..would be soooo appreciated

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Indoor Home SE a waste of money with these issues or does anyone have an actual solution?

Jump to solution

Greetings @Brooklyn_Autumn 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with your Rou Smart Home devices. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

Please be aware that I have passed along your concerns and details to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you further.

If you have another issue in the future, please don't hesitate posting in the Roku Community again.

Happy Streaming,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Indoor Home SE a waste of money with these issues or does anyone have an actual solution?

Jump to solution

Greetings @Brooklyn_Autumn 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with your Rou Smart Home devices. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

Please be aware that I have passed along your concerns and details to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you further.

If you have another issue in the future, please don't hesitate posting in the Roku Community again.

Happy Streaming,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Davidhall1

Jump to solution

I'm having serious issues too!

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @olddog1,

Thanks for posting.

We understand your frustration and apologize for this kind of experience. This is not what we want our customers to have. We want to assure you that we take your concerns seriously, and we want to help. Could you please provide more information regarding the issue you have encountered? Also, when did the issue start, and what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

This information is important for us to assist you further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Brooklyn_Autumn
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It is now July 11th and still no answers. They'll respond but they'll give the typical bs response "have you tried deleting your camera and reinstalling?", "Is your Internet good?" So f'in stupid. They are so basic (just like these dollar general cameras). They give no fixes or no samsung software updates that will fix the "unable to upload video to the cloud", no 2 way audio for all the cameras using Samsung phones, the blurry snapshot pics it takes when it's supposed to take videos, and the recorded video quality is in no way HD (more like 480 at best). Let's not forget the cameras randomly going off line for no reason. They need to actually fix these issues or these honest reviews will end their company. They still want to charge per month for their services and their **bleep** isn't even reliable. 

Brooklyn_Autumn
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

And yet folks...still no resolution nor have they even really tried to help or call me. I've tried everything they said to check (which they tell that to everyone) knowing its not going to fix these issues.