Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues I've been having with my 360 camera.

Jump to solution

So I've had nothing but issue after issue with my 360 camera since I got it. First the free trial doesn't work at all it's basically worse than not having subscription at all. When you sign up for the free trial stuff will just quit working all together. The notifications won't send even if you check every setting in the app and on phone and make sure everything is on. I can see smart home running in the background to keep notifications going but the app just doesn't send them to the phone at all. Also during the trial the only thing the camera can detect is motion even when everything is turned on it can't tell the difference between objects like it's supposed to just says there was movement.

Recording constantly to SD card with audio recording on doesn't work right. I looked at the mp4 files on the SD card and it doesn't play audio at all. If I run the mp4 though a video repair application it will add the audio but comes out so messed up it's basically useless and that's on every single recording on the SD card. 

The camera likes to randomly restart itself and when it comes back on it likes to move from the detection area. I know it's not power because I have it plugged into a UPS and everything else plugged in is just fine. 

Setting a time lapse doesn't work also. When you try downloading the time lapse it gets stuck at 99 percent and never finishes even after 20+ minutes.

I have settings set to shut off when I get home and turn on when I leave but it only works every once in awhile. 

I have factory reset my camera multiple times during the free trial trying to get it to work properly and it never did. As soon as the free trial ended everything started working again like it was supposed to and like it did before I started the free trial. Other people in the community have been saying for a year there's something wrong with the free trial but no one seems to take anything serious on here.

People who answer questions on here immediately assume it's something wrong with the one camera or the phone someone is using when it's a system wide issue please actually fix these issues as it leaves a terrible first impression on the camera and the paid subscription.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Issues I've been having with my 360 camera.

Jump to solution

@morningbacon0 

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@morningbacon0 

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Can’t Get my 360 indoor camera to scan QR code to connect. I installed 3 outdoor cameras and like a dozen indoor plugs without any problems and this last one. It will say "Ready to connect" 100 times but won’t scan QR code…..????

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings @AlhaAquarian 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding getting your Roku Smart Home Camera setup.

I understand that how not being able to finish the activation process with the QR can be quite frustrating. Have you already tried performing a factory reset on the Roku Smart Home camera and seeing if you are able to complete the setup?

For further troubleshooting steps we would recommend taking a look at the information provided by our Support page here: Fix a QR code issue with your camera or doorbell

Please keep us updated about what you find out and if you still need further assistance setting up your Roku Smart Home camera, we will be able to put you in touch with our Support team.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BobH1

Jump to solution

I have also had issues with my 360 camera - I used to receive notifications on my phone/Roku Home app when there was motion detected in the area, but that stopped suddenly a few weeks ago and I can’t get that option to work again.  I did not change my settings so not sure what happened or what to do next 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @BobH1,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand you are having problems receiving event notifications with your camera. We're happy to help. Please try these steps:

1. Check to see if the Roku Smart Home app and camera firmware are up to date.
  2. Make sure notifications are turned on in the settings.
  3. Confirm Push notifications are on.
  4. Ensure that the Roku Smart Home app can send notifications to their device.
    • Please check the Apple or Android app permissions.
  5. Ensure that detects motion and detects sound are turned on in the Events Recording setting.
  6. Confirm that there are no event recording schedules.
  7. Confirm if there aren’t any scheduled Rules that might affect notifications.
  8. Restart camera.

If the problem still persists, please keep us posted on what you find out.
Best regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos