Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jsin
Reel Rookie

Re: Indoor Camera not recording longer then 12 seconds

Yes mine too! It's really annoying because the security camera is basically pointless if it only records in 12 second intervals every 5 minutes. 

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, Community users.

Thanks for keeping us informed about this concern.

We'd like to gather additional details. Kindly provide the following information below:

• Log ID: From the camera, go to Settings Gear > Support > Submit Log
  • Firmware version. 
  • Brand of the mobile device

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Oceankissed
Reel Rookie

I will send the information but it is important to note that I have four cameras - all accessed on my phone (same phone). The newest camera added is having the issue of 12 sec recordings with 5 minutes in between. My other three are not.  My other cameras (that are working - not limited) has the same firmware number. I am lucky as I have three that are working so it is easy to see that is not the problem.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Oceankissed.

Thanks for letting us know, and we sincerely apologize for any trouble and inconvenience this may have caused you. 

Rest assured that we will forward this to the appropriate team once we have the information requested above for further review and additional reinforcement.

The best course of action will be suggested once we have a better understanding of the situation. We'll be anticipating your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ml89

I am having same issue, I upgraded to a better plan to see if that fixed the problem and it did not! Mine will only record for 12 seconds after the update on camera. 

Oceankissed
Reel Rookie

Yes - I have the yearly plan - odd thing is - I have three more of these cameras on the same plan in a different location and recordings aren’t limited to 12 secs!

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Ml89 @Oceankissed,

Thanks for sharing your reports regarding this issue with your Smart Home Cameras.

We see that this affects a lot of issues going on and we'd be more than happy to take a closer look into this.

• Log ID: From the camera, go to settings gear > support > submit log
  • Firmware version
  • Brand of the device

This will help our team to further zoom in on.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Nugget024384
Reel Rookie

IMG_5789.png

Step 1, go to settings, very top right.

IMG_5790.png

Steps 2 go to event recordings, set them like the next picture, then, go to detections and change your settings on them, and then, my friend, you should be in good shape, good luck.

IMG_5791.png

Fraughter

This is happening to my outside camera as well. I don't see any answers here and it seems to be a widespread issue. Is there going to be any solution for this in the near future? Yes I've sent in many logs and reports. Never heard anything back. It doesn't help me that it recorded 12 seconds of someone on my porch and that was it.  

0 Kudos
Jsin
Reel Rookie

Yeah I wish I had those settings on my camera mine doesn't for some reason do you use a micro SD card to save

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.