Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jsin
Reel Rookie

Re: Indoor Camera not recording longer then 12 seconds

I don't have these settings. Wonder why. I sure wish they'd fix this thing.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Jsin @Fraughter 

Thanks for posting, and we appreciate you for letting us know about your concern.

Since you're affected by the same issue as other users are having in this thread, we would request the following information for this to be addressed. We also would want to apologize for this experience. Kindly provide the requested details below:

• Log ID: From the camera, go to settings gear > support > submit log
  • Firmware version
  • Brand of the device

Once we have this, it'll be passed to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Hoping for your response.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
K9bitten

I have the same issue and my indoor camera app doesn’t have the ability to set the recording length. Let’s get this fixed. Maybe it’s a case for my States office of consumer affairs. Definitely not getting what we paid for.

0 Kudos
Oceankissed
Reel Rookie

I bought another camera exactly the same and it records fine. It is exactly the same everything - model, firmware, WiFi, everything - but I bought it in Michigan (where the cameras were working correctly) versus Texas (and brought it back to Texas). I think the 12 second cameras are a bad lot. We should start returning them.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @K9bitten @Oceankissed,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

We understand you're having a problem with the Roku indoor camera. We're happy to assist you further. Please check out this support article here on how to set up and view recordings on your Roku Smart Home camera or video doorbell.

If the problem still continues, please keep us posted.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TronCarterIII
Reel Rookie

My outdoor floodlight camera used to record longer, but now only records for 12 seconds. I would like someone to contact me or point me in the direction of who to contact to resolve this issue. I pay for a camera subscription and they are currently worthless.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @TronCarterIII

Thanks for sharing this informaiton with us, and we're sorry to hear about the issue you've experienced with your Roku Outdoor Floodlight Camera not recording more than 12 seconds. We'd like to collect more details regarding this so it can be investigated further. Could you please provide us with the following details below:

• Roku Smart Home device model and Mac Address. (Smart Home mobile app, > SettingsDevice info)
  • Please provide us with the Log ID when this issue occurs (from the Roku Smart Home app, select Account Roku Support > Submit a log)

Once we have this information, we'll forward it to the appropriate Rok team. Our team of experts will carefully review the information and take the necessary steps to address your concerns. We will keep you updated throughout the process and hope to hear back from you as soon as possible.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.