Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tmshannon

I can't get my camera to connect to my WIFI

I just moved and I'm trying to set up my camera. I have done everything I've read to do to try and fix the problem with my camera not connecting to my WiFi. The company I have is called Wave Rural Connect. I've ever contacted them and they made sure I had the 2.4 version for my camera. All it tells me is it can't find system name. Please help. My father has Alzheimer's and I need my cameras set up asap.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Dfresh567
Roku Guru

Re: I can't get my camera to connect to my WIFI

@tmshannon 

Hey there Shannon,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble getting your Roku camera up and running.

Here's a link I use when I'm having similar issues

https://support.roku.com/article/7875568280855

Hopefully this will help but if not here are some other ideas I had

- I would check to see if there are any firmware updates. Are you comfortable navigating the Roku smart  home app? It should tell you if there's an update and if so that could be the problem..

- Have your tried connecting other devices recently to the network?

-  Make sure you're trying to connect to the 2.4 wifi network,

- You could also restart your router. Just unplug it, leave it unplugged for a minute or so and then plug it back in. This has worked for me with getting my Roku devices back on my Wifi.

Best of luck let us know if you were able to get it up and running!

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.