Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WasARokFan
Reel Rookie

Re: Where is the Wyze app on Roku

Jump to solution

Hey Dan,

since you’re the community streaming expert, why don’t you get on that and request that wise develop an app.🙄🤪

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Where is the Wyze app on Roku

Jump to solution

@WasARokFan wrote:

Hey Dan,

since you’re the community streaming expert, why don’t you get on that and request that wise develop an app.🙄🤪

Since I don't own any Wyse branded devices, I doubt they would pay any attention to me. 😛

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to view smart home cams on Roku TV

Jump to solution

@WasARokFan wrote:

it looks like the answer is to add a fire stick to your Roku TV, which is ridiculous, but since ROKU is trying to shove their cam systems, which I agree are identical to Wyzecams, down our throats. Being heavily invested in ROKU stock, I would think that the prudent decision would be to get that Wyze camera app on their platform ASAP so that people will start buying Roku TVs now that they’ve got into that realm. I’d have it done by this afternoon if I were them. There are millions of homes that have Wyze Cams. I’m not throwing away the six that I have monitoring my parents home along with my home. 

Although Wyze is building the Roku home devices under contract, that doesn't mean they are compatible devices. As far as Wyze offering their own app, Roku can't force them to provide one. That's a decision that can only be made by Wyze. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Local_Ghost
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes you can flash the Wyze cam with Roku firmware and it will work. I have done it. As long as you are fluent with Linux and have the time to tweak the code here and there. Id provide step by step instructions but I'm pretty sure I would be violating some type of T&C doing so. 

On a side note, the process of figuring it out on your own now that you know it can be done is worth it, especially if you love wearing hats. 

Your friendly neighborhood Local Ghost
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
matrevino72
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

That's very cool, but not exactly " just flashing" the firmware, that's coding, which i can almost guarantee 99% of people here myself included do not know how to do . So unless you're willing to share said recoded firmware for any of us to try out, it's not possible.

Ain't nothin To it But To Do it
0 Kudos