Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frenchie78

Home cameras not working after last smart home update. Re installed unplugged for 24 hours.

I have paid subscription and now I can only view my indoor cameras on tv only. Smart home app on my Samsung 24 plus will not connect to cameras. It shows events. No live mode.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Dfresh567
Roku Guru

Re: Home cameras not working after last smart home update. Re installed unplugged for 24 hours.

@Frenchie78 

Sorry to hear about home camera not working as they should. I have a couple idea you could try that might help.

If you haven't already I would try unplugging your router. Let it sit for a few minutes and then plug it back it. After give it a few minutes and see if things start up and begin to work correctly.

If the update was to your Roku phone App the cameras shouldn't an issue connecting to the router. See if that does that trick. If that doesn't work than maybe contact your internet provider. Or someone else in the community here might have some other ideas of what to try.

Either way best of luck and I'll keep me fingers crossed that you'll get everything back up and running

Aneee2024

Re: Home cameras not working after last smart home update. Re installed unplugged for 24 hours.

Same here, after update my cameras wont work, don't blame it on us roku lol I've restarted the cameras, router, unplugged and plugged in the cameras, I've reset the app and deleted it and downloaded it again, its not showing live events, it just shows notifications. Cameras been off for 5 days now 🙄🙄🤦🤦

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Aneee2024,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry for the late response and appreciate the troubleshooting steps taken here. We'll need your help forwarding this to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. Please report back here along with the details below.

• Log ID: From the camera, go to settings gear > support > submit log
  • Firmware version
  • Brand of the device

We'll be looking forward to your update.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.