Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vwol01
Reel Rookie

Re: Doorbell won't record video, only images

Any progress?

0 Kudos
OB1199

I got a new phone and that problem stopped. A new problem was an "unable to create a shortcut" message and the only way fo me  to solve that was to delete the app and reinstall it.

0 Kudos
Vwol01
Reel Rookie

Not going to get a new phone to fix this problem.  😠  Have already uninstalled and re-installed as well.

0 Kudos
Trevnar
Reel Rookie

How were you able to connect the doorbell to your account? I’m having the same issue .

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hello @Vwol01 

Thanks for the posts regarding the issue you are experiencing with your Roku Smart Home device not recording video.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Your patience in the meantime is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Trevnar
Reel Rookie

(SOLVED) Doorbell won't record video, only images

Here is my solution if this applies to you.

1. You bought some Roku cameras and used the 14 day trial they came with. They were working just fine.

2. You then decided to upgrade your subscription and they stopped working.

3. My solution was to delete all the cameras from my home app. Then reconnect them as if they were new cameras fallowing the app instructions. Be sure to allow the app to complete each camera setup fully. Do not interrupt the process. Even if the camera shows up as added the activation won’t work and it will behave as if it’s on the free subscription. Hope this helps.

Tywater

I have only had my camera for a little over 3 weeks and it has now only started taking images. I have the subscription as well

0 Kudos
Trevnar
Reel Rookie

I ended up removing all the cameras from the app and just adding them again. Seemed to have fixed the issue. Also the app no shows my subscription plan and cameras in the account options.

0 Kudos

my prescription is paid and my video won't work

0 Kudos
hmmmjay

My camera was recording things the first week or so but now it stopped and won’t record any motion.

0 Kudos