Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: My camera was recording things the first week or so but now it stopped and won’t record any m...

Greetings @hmmmjay @cliftonhartley 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding your inquiry.

Do you have a subscription attached to your Roku Smart Home doorbell? If you had a free trial linked to that Roku Smart Home device, it's possible that the trial may have ended.

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sreh

Re: (SOLVED) Doorbell won't record video, only images

Trevnar - I had EXACTLY this same issue with my Roku video doorbell. It worked perfectly during the trial period, I paid for a subscription, and then all I got were still images with the notifications. I tried other suggestions found in this forum and spent time today chatting here with a very patient support person (Noe), but we couldn't get my device to record. I found this post after the chat, tried your solution, and IT WORKED! Thank you so very much for sharing what you had done!

CaptainAction
Channel Surfer

Re: Doorbell won't record video, only images

I am having this same issue. It began about 5 days ago. Still images only, no video. I have had a full subscription since installed.

0 Kudos
CaptainAction
Channel Surfer

Also, when I press record while on camera, the app closes.

0 Kudos
Trevnar
Reel Rookie

I basically deleted all my cameras and reconnected them and I haven’t had the issue since.

0 Kudos
CaptainAction
Channel Surfer

I removed and reinstalled the app and the issues were corrected.

0 Kudos
Rowdy1

I’m having the same issues

0 Kudos
CaptainAction
Channel Surfer

I removed and reinstalled the app. That fixed it.

0 Kudos
Mindylpn

I'm having the same problem I bought it thinking it was a video doorbell like it said on the box but apparently you have to pay for their subscription or it's not a video doorbell. I thought when you paid for subscriptions that was for monitoring I don't want them to monitor mine I want to see them myself. The steel shots that it takes are useless I wouldn't recommend this doorbell to anyone

0 Kudos
Mamasit915

That happened to me too since 3 days ago . And now 2 days and I need to renew the subscription but I don’t think I’m gonna renew cuz this still happened 

0 Kudos