Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reptem1970
Streaming Star

Lack of Smart Notifications / wired Roku Camera SE indoor and outdoor

Jump to solution

Roku camera SE indoor and outdoor. Over the last two months the cameras are recording but not sending  person, pet, vehicle, notifications. It's about half the time now. It records, but fails to identify a person, vehicle, or pet. My settings haven't changed, and sensitivity is set at 100. One example, I pull out of the driveway and it sends a vehicle notification. I pull in an hour later and it just records a motion event. Please correct the firmware to detect vehicles, pets, and persons more accurately and from all angles like it used to be. I have the most current firmware. I have tried all troubleshooting, restarts, unplugging cameras, and network resets. Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Lack of Smart Notifications / wired Roku Camera SE indoor and outdoor

Jump to solution

Hi @reptem1970,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

Do you currently have a subscription for your Roku Smart Home Camera? Please be aware that without a subscription, your Roku Smart Home device will not have smart detection. 

Know whether that motion alert is a person, package, pet, or vehicle, and filter events by type so you only see what you want.

For more information about what is included with a Roku Smart Home subscription, visit our Support page here: Roku Smart Home Subscription

We hope this helps.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @reptem1970,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

Do you currently have a subscription for your Roku Smart Home Camera? Please be aware that without a subscription, your Roku Smart Home device will not have smart detection. 

Know whether that motion alert is a person, package, pet, or vehicle, and filter events by type so you only see what you want.

For more information about what is included with a Roku Smart Home subscription, visit our Support page here: Roku Smart Home Subscription

We hope this helps.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
reptem1970
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Yes I do, for almost a year now, and renewal is next month. As I stated before, the notifications work sometimes, but for the past couple months it has gotten worse with failing to recognize a vehicle, person, or pet, amd send a notification.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.