Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JL24
Reel Rookie

Constantly notified to Format Camaras

When I bought my Roku cameras, I bought the keep onn., 256 GB micro SDXC cards also. There’s more than enough storage, but every day or every other day, I am notified that I need to Format them again. Please advise?

Also, would somebody be kind enough to tell me how to get the notification videos to pop up on my Roku smart TVs? I have the app in my streaming, but I mean one time when I got a notification, I actually saw it come up automatically on my screen, and I didn’t initiate that though. it only happened once, I’ve been in settings, I’ve seen the wording, but it won’t let me click on it at all. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Constantly notified to Format Camaras

Hi @JL24,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thank you for bringing to our attention that you keep getting notifications from your Roku Smart camera about formatting your micro SD card. I will be more than willing to assist you with this concern.

Before we continue, we would like to know the following.

• When did you start to experience the issue?
  • Have you received a firmware update before you experience the issue?
  • Does your Micro SD card support FAT32?

With additional details, it will help us to look closely into the issue.

Regarding your Roku TV, once you connect your Roku camera to your Roku TV and download the Roku Smart Camera app, you should receive notifications right away. In the meantime, I highly suggest you try the following troubleshooting steps:

Remove the Roku Camera app. 

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Move to the right and highlight the Roku Camera app
  3. Press Star on your Roku remote to open the Options menu
  4. Select Remove the app and confirm when prompted

If the issue persists proceed to the next steps:

• Confirm notifications are turned ON in the Roku Camera settings:
  1. Roku Camera live stream
  2. Settings
  3. Notifications
  • Confirm Push notifications are ON:
  1. Account
  2. Notifications
  3. Push Notifications
  • Confirm detects motion and detects sound is turned ON in the Events Recording setting:
  2. Settings
  3. Event Recording
  • Confirm there are no event recording schedules:
  2. Settings
  3. Event Recording
  4. Schedule
  5. All Day should be toggled ON

For more details, visit our Roku Support article on how to use smart detection for your Roku Smart Home camera or video doorbell.

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JL24
Reel Rookie

Re: Constantly notified to Format Camaras

Thank you for responding. Firmware updates are current, and I have all devices with keep onn. 256 GB microSDXC Cards. Each camera still requires, “File System Exceptions, Format micro SD cards”.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.