Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reptem1970
Roku Guru

UNRESOLVED Re: Firmware 6.0.0 build-32-FD

Jump to solution

No, nothing has been resolved. Firmware 3.0.2.8391 worked for wired indoor and outdoor SE cameras.
Firmware 6.0.0 broke all my wired indoor and outdoor cameras.
I bought all new cameras and they updated to firmware 3.0.2.8391 and worked perfectly for two days. Then they updated automatically to firmware 6.0.0 build 32 - FD and are all broken just like the other cameras. They disconnect constantly, they crash my 2.4 ghz wifi network at random times. When connected, they miss alerts, they send incorrect alerts, the images are always blurry, they are missing timestamps, they send smart alerts when turned off. Motion alerts cant be turned off in app. Detection zones don't work. They are completely useless after firmware 6.0.0 build-32-FD. This has been going on since early July with no resolution. It has been reported to moderators on the Roku community and has been ignored, topics have been deleted, merged, and marked as resolved. There are hundreds of complaints from customers about this firmware breaking the cameras, with the typical canned responses from moderators for basic troubleshooting which everyone has tried and does not work. For a billion dollar company, this is a major mistake. Its all the new Firmware they continue to roll out.

FC75
Streaming Star

Re: UNRESOLVED Re: Firmware 6.0.0 build-32-FD

Jump to solution

Oh my lord, this is insane, Roku we deserve refunds 

jschonauer
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

AS I HAVE STATED BEFORE!!!!!!!!

JOHN THE MODERATOR MESSSGE FOR YOU: IN ONE OF YOUR REPLIES YOU STATE THAT YOU RECOMMEND TO RESTART THE CAMERAS! BUT THE RESTART FEATURE IS BROKEN!!!!!😡 

AS I HAVE STATED BEFORE TO ALL CAMERA SUBSCRIBERS: Attention all Roku Camera subscribers!This situation is unacceptable! I am furious about this issue as a subscriber myself. I have contacted Roku support 5-6 times, and each time they attempt to troubleshoot my devices, despite the problem clearly not being with my devices. They always tell me to submit a log, promising to forward it to their engineering team, who will contact me when the issue is resolved. They ask for my patience, but this is infuriating! I am paying for my cameras to work, just like many others, and they are NOT WORKING! I demand a refund immediately! ALL SUBSCRIBERS NEED TO TAKE ACTION IN GETTING REFUNDS. ROKU SUPPOSEDLY SAYS THEY CANT ISSUE ANY UNTIL THE ISSUE HAS BEEN RESOLVED!  UT ITS NEVER GETTING RESOLVED!!!!

0 Kudos
Uckybay
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

C'mon Roku - this is now beyond ridiculous. Everything was working fine until the cameras took the new firmware update.

It has been over two weeks with no notifications from my cameras. I've learned my lesson about paying for the service a full year in advance. I've restarted, removed, changed wifi networks, deleted, re-added, turned all notifications on, turned all notifications off, and these cameras will not send notifications anymore.

This needs fixed in a hurry. I use my cameras to monitor my elderly grandmothers house. Roll the firmware back to the old version if you have to, or give me a link to the firmware and tell me how I can put it on the cameras myself.

0 Kudos
reptem1970
Roku Guru

UNRESOLVED: FIRMWARE 6.0.0 BUILD 32-FD

Jump to solution

FIRMWARE 6.0.0 BUILD 32-FD was forced update in early July and broke all of my indoor and outdoor wired SE cameras. The previous Firmware 3.0.2.8391 worked for wired indoor and outdoor SE cameras.
Once again, Firmware 6.0.0 broke all my wired indoor and outdoor cameras. After the update and all failed troubleshooting attempts I went out and bought all new cameras and they updated to firmware 3.0.2.8391 and worked perfectly for two days. Then the new cameras updated automatically to firmware 6.0.0 build 32 - FD and are all broken just like the other cameras were. They disconnect constantly, they crash my 2.4GHZ WIFI network at random times. When they stay connected, they miss alerts, they send incorrect alerts, the images are always blurry on live view and glitchy, they are missing timestamps, they send smart alerts when turned off. Motion alerts cant be turned off in notifications. Detection zones don't work and many other errors occur constantly.

They are completely useless as security cameras after firmware 6.0.0 build-32-FD. This has been going on since early July with no resolution. It has been reported to moderators on the Roku community and has been ignored, topics have been deleted, merged, and marked as resolved. There are hundreds of complaints from customers about this firmware breaking the cameras, with the typical canned responses from moderators for basic troubleshooting which everyone has tried and does not work. This thread is for everyone affected by Firmware 6.0.0 build 32-FD as it is UNRESOLVED. I am working directly with Roku support and suggest everyone create Log Tickets on their cameras and do the same through chat and phone support. Post them here and create and save screenshots in case someone wants to delete posts and try to hide that there is an issue again. The purpose of this community is to HELP the customers and each other, not hide problems and make things worse. 

Log ID reports

08-651-472 
50-230-524
05-016-394
24-693-573
11-113-994
69-382-714
25-961-474
27-805-414
65-192-329
20-457-450
68-347-580

0 Kudos
reptem1970
Roku Guru

Re: Firmware 6.0.0 build 32-FD Re: Camera is slow and disconnecting after the recent update.

Jump to solution

@RokuMaryEF 

How can this be resolved when the solution you posted does not solve the issue of the corrupted firmware or any of the connectivity issues created by it? I created another thread and it was moved here, to a thread that is marked as resolved, but it is not resolved and is an ongoing issue that many desperately need support for.

Not everyone is internet and tech savvy. Could you at least mark the thread properly until we get a resolution from Roku about this firmware that has crippled our devices since it's release in early July??

0 Kudos
reptem1970
Roku Guru

Re: Firmware 6.0.0 build 32-FD Re: Camera is slow and disconnecting after the recent update.

Jump to solution

More Log ID codes

92-274-421
93-204-135
99-744-405
16-875-479
90-359-694
92-862-997
93-229-314
15-372-239
16-652-516
94-775-282
36-941-039

0 Kudos
FC75
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I haven't received any error codes. My indoor camera is not dong what it’s supposed to and hasn't been since the update

I don’t know why the moderators think this is fixed it's far from fixed we rely on these for safety for us and family and pets at home. This is ridicules Roku this needs to be called back and fixed correctly and we deserve refunds on the subscriptions

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings @reptem1970 @FC75,

We really do apologize for the delay in our solution about this and we appreciate you for keeping us posted. I haved passed along an update to the team with the information you have provided.

We'll make sure to keep this thread posted for any additional update. In the meantime, your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LexusD

Re: [6.0] Camera is slow and disconnecting after the recent update.

Jump to solution

Yes! I'm currently having this issue. Since the update. All of my cameras have been having the same issues,it's so frustrating. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.