Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Juststud
Reel Rookie

Unable to link Indoor camera se to Google home

Hello! I recently purchased the Indoor Camera SE and it works great through the Roku app. However I can’t get it to work over Google home. I’m able to see that Google recognizes the camera, but I’m unable to access anything with it. I’m unable to power it on through Google, or access the video feed. When I use the voice assistant it tells me the camera has a security restriction. Any help/advice would be welcome.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Unable to link Indoor camera se to Google home

Hello! @Juststud,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We're pleased to help you with the issue you're having connecting your Roku Indoor Camera to the Google Home App.

Do you own a Roku Streaming device? If not, please follow the steps below.

Turn off Website 2FA
  1. Go to my.roku.com.
  2. Sign in (If not already signed in)
  3. Tap “Account info
  4. At the bottom of the screen click the button directly under “Two-Step Verification
  5. To the right of the button, it will now show “Two-step verification is off
  6. Click the “Save changes” button.
  7. Follow the steps to enable skills in for either Alexa or Google Home

Make sure you are enabling the desired skill for Roku streaming or Roku Smart Home.

Please keep us updated on any progress so we can assist you further. We are looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Juststud
Reel Rookie

I’ve turned off 2FA already and it is linked up. I just can’t access any functionality of the camera through the Google home app. 

0 Kudos
Juststud
Reel Rookie

IMG_1258.jpeg

This is all I can see through Google Home. Would like to have everything functional in one app if possible

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Juststud,

Thanks for the update,

If the issue is still occurring, kindly provide us with the following details below, as we'd like to coordinate this with the appropriate Roku team for further investigation:

• Roku Smart Home device model and Mac address (Smart Home mobile app, > SettingsDevice Info)
  • Log ID (from the Roku Smart Home app, select Account Roku Support > Submit a log)

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Some Wyze users are having a similar issue. Wyze contacted the Google Home team about this and Google confirmed the issue is on their end and requires Google to do an update and there was nothing more Wyze could do to resolve it.

I assume this is the same for Roku Cams. Just waiting on Google.

It's not happening to everyone, and it seems to be more likely to happen with iOS people, but there are both Android and iOS users having this issue and some who aren't. Not sure why it's not consistent, I only know Google looked into it and confirmed the issue was on their end.