Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sammyy

20004 Error Code for Wire free doorbell

I have a wireless Roku Doorbell. as of yesterday afternoon, it stopped connecting. This has happened in the past, but a quick reconnect has always worked. However, nothing works this time. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, disconnected and reconnected the device. moved my chime, router, and modem around. I have turned the doorbell off and left it for an hour, I have also fully charged it, although it did not drop below 75%

I have left it uninstalled overnight hoping it just needed to "refresh", but that did nothing. 

The error is: Failed to connect. Please check your doorbell internet connection. Error code: 20004. I have completed the troubleshooting ideas it gives, but still nothing. The chime says it is connected, and the camera connects during the initial connection phase, but then the error immediately pops up after attempting to review the live feed. 

My devices firmware says up to date and is V5.2.0.19 the MAC # is 7C67AB562C0C and the signal strength on both the chime and doorbell shows 3 bars (the highest level). There have been no changes to my internet network since before this started. 

This is ridiculous, I pay a subscription for the ability to protect my home. I cannot do that if I cannot use the Doorbell. I've owned it for about 6-10 months, and it needs to be working. 

Please give me an answer that is not robotic/copy and paste. I need answers on how to really fix this not speculation, if you work for Roku, you should know the product. If your part of the community, please provide any tips you have. 

I have already filed a log complaint on the app. ID 72-297-936

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: 20004 Error Code for Wire free doorbell

Hi @sammyy,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, and thanks for the additional information!

Please check your inbox since we have sent you a private message.

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.