Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Quailmail
Reel Rookie

Indoor Camera setup QR code not showing fully- Samsung Z Flip3 5G

Jump to solution

As the title suggests 

1000016205.jpg

The QR code is not appearing fully in the app and my camera won't read it to complete set up. I have uninstalled & reinstalled, plugged in & unplugged, and believe it's a developer issue but is there anything I can do? I don't have another phone.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Indoor Camera setup QR code not showing fully- Samsung Z Flip3 5G

Jump to solution

Warm greetings from the Roku Community, @Quailmail!

We will be delighted to assist you further with this concern about the Roku indoor camera since you are not able to scan the QR code, and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps that you have taken so far. Please try the steps below.

• Hold your camera about 5 inches from the QR code and listen for "QR code scanned. Please wait.". When you hear the phrase, check the box and tap Next.
  • Learn what to try if your camera cannot scan the QR code.

Hope you'll find this useful. Keep us posted on what you find out.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Warm greetings from the Roku Community, @Quailmail!

We will be delighted to assist you further with this concern about the Roku indoor camera since you are not able to scan the QR code, and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps that you have taken so far. Please try the steps below.

• Hold your camera about 5 inches from the QR code and listen for "QR code scanned. Please wait.". When you hear the phrase, check the box and tap Next.
  • Learn what to try if your camera cannot scan the QR code.

Hope you'll find this useful. Keep us posted on what you find out.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@RokuJohnB, none of the things suggested in that link are going to help anyone with a later generation Samsung Z Flip phone.  The QR code image displayed is incomplete/invalid  (the left and right sides are cut off) and no amount of manipulating the phone is going to change that.  It's either a bug in the Roku Smart Home app that affects how the image is displayed or a quirk in certain Samsung phones.  I believe only the Smart Home app developer can fix it.

@Quailmail, do you have a tablet?  I don't think there's anything you can do on the phone.  On my 1st generation Z Flip the image is just barely complete enough that I can get it to scan with some trouble.  I didn't notice it until others posted with problems with later generation Z Flips, but I did wonder why I was having so much trouble scanning the image.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Quailmail
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuJohnB @renojim 

Yeah I already tried everything in the link. The only solution was borrowing my neighbor's iphone to set it up on my account, logged out of course before returning it. But it wasn't a user error✌️ entirely developer.

Ty though.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.