Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
holiday55

watching paid channels on Roku stick

Jump to solution

Hello if  I set up a roku account and add payment details, then someone comes to stay at the house who already pays for ITVx premium can I log out of my free  ITVx account and use their paid account to watch ad free.  They do not have a Roku device or account.

What I'm asking is can you use other peoples paid accounts on my device (with their permission ) or do all paid subscriptions have to be linked to my payment details, thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: watching paid channels on Roku stick

Jump to solution

Welcome, @holiday55.

Thanks for your first post here in the Roku Community!

That's a great question! You can access other people's paid accounts (with their sole permission) to watch ad-free movies. To access the content, simply visit the streaming store and download the stand-alone app. 

Rest assured that even if you have connected your payment information to your Roku account, you will not be charged for subscriptions that belong to other individuals. You will only be charged for a subscription if you were the one who initiated the subscription and it was linked to your Roku payment method.

For future reference, you can manage your own subscriptions by visiting this support article: How to manage and cancel a streaming subscription.

Let us know if you need further help; we can assist.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: watching paid channels on Roku stick

Jump to solution

Welcome, @holiday55.

Thanks for your first post here in the Roku Community!

That's a great question! You can access other people's paid accounts (with their sole permission) to watch ad-free movies. To access the content, simply visit the streaming store and download the stand-alone app. 

Rest assured that even if you have connected your payment information to your Roku account, you will not be charged for subscriptions that belong to other individuals. You will only be charged for a subscription if you were the one who initiated the subscription and it was linked to your Roku payment method.

For future reference, you can manage your own subscriptions by visiting this support article: How to manage and cancel a streaming subscription.

Let us know if you need further help; we can assist.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos