Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kram1

charge for installing Roku stick?

We just installed a Roku stick 7/17/22.  When we got our credit card statement, there was a charge of $4.99 from Roku.  Will be charged $4.99 each month?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: charge for installing Roku stick?

That depends on what you got.  There thousands of channels/apps available.  There are free things, monthly payment things, annual payment things, and one-time payment things.  Hopefully your credit card has more detail that just "Roku"  Usually you get something like "Roku for CBS Interactive"  (just one example).

0 Kudos
kram1

Thank you.  It does say Roku for Discovery Com, but on install, it asked if we wanted a one month free trial.  If it shows up again on our credit card, I'll get it cancelled.  Thank you again.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@kram1 

All subscriptions as well as free trials will automatically renew unless you cancel them.

You can manage your subscriptions from your online dashboard at https://my.roku.com/account. (Look under Manage my Subscriptions).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@kram1-Note that most channels' free previews are only available to those who have never previously had subscriptions, even trial subscriptions, to this channel.  Once in a while you'll see one available if you have not tried the channel for some specified period of time, like one year or two. This is all spelled out in  the conditions you must agree to when signing up -- you know, all that stuff that most of us don't bother to read at the time.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @kram1

Thanks for the post.

For account & billing concerns, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here and then choose 'Accounts, payments & subscriptions'. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos