Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexdbart
Reel Rookie

Why Is ROKU automatically billing for subscriptions we NEVER requested?

I am seeing multiple subscriptions that we never ordered after Roku offers "free trials" we never asked for.  Then they start automatically BILLING us for the service we never asked for.  Sometimes these are expensive services, all layered on top of one other, that we DID not order.  We ordered exactly ONE, and I have been billed for as many as SIX.  Please stop this practice.  I told customer service, it feels like FRAUDULENT business practices.  And here you've done it again this month.  Cease and desist.  We told you the ONE subscription we wanted.  Nothing else..

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
scripteaze

Re: Why Is ROKU automatically billing for subscriptions we NEVER requested?

I manually canceled disney+ 2 weeks ago because i didn't even know i had it and then this month, they charged me again. It says, all payments are final, no refund. So we are supposed to just sit back while they take our money. **bleep**ty

alexdbart
Reel Rookie

How can we get the company to STOP doing this?? I told the customer service rep this feels like they are committing fraud!   I'm POA for an 85yo friend in assisted living who we set up with a Rku TV so she could watch her favorite shows on Netflix.  She never opens her email.  She doesn't know when Roku offers her "free" trials that will turn into a never-ending source of recurring rvenue for Roku. I put my email on the account, and I can't keep up with this either.  So how do we get them to STOP this fraudulent practice? 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @alexdbart @scripteaze,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

For these issues, it may be more effective for you to get help from our billing team.
Please contact them directly through our Account-Billing Support page. Choose the options for "Account, payments & subscriptions" and they are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

We appreciate your patience with this matter.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@alexdbart Login to the Roku account on a computer and select update pin preference and select Require a PIN to make purchases.  While you are logged into the Roku account go to manage subscriptions and unsubscribe from any you don't want.   

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@alexdbart If this Roku account is not one that you use yourself then I would go to payment method and scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and Remove Payment Method.  I think your first post is  misleading since you stated you did not order the subscriptions.  While this is technically correct someone with access to your account did in fact order the subscriptions.  

0 Kudos