Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ColeWeb

Vlogbox? $160 charge on my account

Jump to solution

I was charged $160 for “vlogbox” and I have no clue what it is. It wasn’t  a subscription and of course there is no way to contact Roku to dispute it. Is anyone else having this same isssue?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Vlogbox? $160 charge on my account

Jump to solution

Hi @rain_drops

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

For account & billing concerns, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here and then choose Accounts, payments & subscriptions. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter. 

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
30 REPLIES 30
Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @ColeWeb, we're more than happy to look into the $160 Vlogbox charge you received! Since we will be covering your account information we will be sending a direct message to you here on the Roku Community! Please keep an eye out for a message from us so that we can further assist. 

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I hadn't heard of that one but after some searching about, I do see that they are the developer for:

A to Z Movie Box, Vividplays, Family Day, PowerBomb TV, FantasticalGamer, Fun Kids TV, Flair20TV, Fighting for Freedom,  Health and Beauty Tips, 4K Weapons Images, Universe Wallpapers Set, Reef Photo Gallery,  Funny puppies… and many more! 

Every one of those says "SERVICE MAY REQUIRE ADDITIONAL FEES".  Its not obvious to me how to find out how much the "additional fees" are.

0 Kudos
Vlogbox
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hello Coleweb,

My name is Oleg, and I'm writing from VlogBox Customer Support.
The charge is for full lifetime access to one of our services. Sometimes purchases from household members without informing everybody in the family happen. But you can easily request a refund by reaching out to the Roku support team directly by the link for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able to further assist you having all of the information.

Also here are some tips:

Please, set up a pin for your account for security reasons.

Subscription management tutorial to cancel it quickly right from your device - https://support.roku.com/article/208756478

Regards, Vlogbox

0 Kudos
Tiffany2

Jump to solution

Yes! I was charged two days ago for the same thing...what is it?

0 Kudos
Joseph-Roku
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @Tiffany2, thanks for reaching out to the Roku community about this $160 Vlogbox charge. We're here to help.

We're going to send you a DM. Please, keep an eye on your inbox for us to help further.

0 Kudos
Kathmatt

Jump to solution

Did anyone figure this out? I just woke up to a charge for vlogbox/Roku and it out my account negative and it took the last 150$ until I get paid Friday i have no idea where this charge came from im really upset and I can’t get ahold of Roku there’s a voicemail? Like… someone oemase help. This is really stressful i didn’t know this was a thing I didn’t even know my tv had to have my debit card in it I don’t even use my debit card for things like this I use credit cards because it’s easy to dispute and doesn’t drown me like this is! 

0 Kudos
Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Kathmatt, we'll get on this right away! We will be reaching out through private message to get more information about your account and why you were billed for VlogBox. To check your inbox here on the Roku Community, click the mail icon at the top of your page. If you have any issues finding our message, please let us know. 

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Just some tips from another Roku user:

Your TV doesn't need to be tied to a debit card.  It's possible to set Roku up with credit cards, paypal or nothing at all.  It's also possible to remove or change your payment method in your Roku account at any time.  And you can set a PIN on your Roku account so channels can’t be added without knowing the PIN.  This keeps the kids from accidentally costing you money.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

ugh I believe my five year old accidentally purchased this, I’m livid $149!!!!!!! Literally the only $ I have till next paycheck I want a refund 

0 Kudos