Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mzskunk
Reel Rookie

Trying to Place an Order but Keep Getting 'Add Payment Method'

So I got an email offer for a Roku Ultra at a discounted price. I click the 'Buy Now' button in the email and am taken to roku.com. Log in, find the Special Offer, and add it to my cart. Then the fun begins.

1. Item appears in my cart. At the bottom is 'Express Checkout' button. Click it.

2. Am presented with page to add a Payment Method to my account.  This is surprising since I already have a payment method on my account but whatever, I go through and add my Visa. Click Submit and I am Not a Robot, no errors. I am returned to the Shopping Cart page.

3. Click Express Checkout at the bottom of Shopping Cart page...and am presented with with 'Add a Payment Method' screen again. 

4. I've tried adding PayPal instead of Visa and it confirms my PayPal account, but then I am dumped back to the Cart page and if I click Express Checkout, once again I get the 'add a payment method' page.

I can't seem to actually get to checkout. Going through help/faq brings me to 'Let's get in touch' page which just spins and spins , never actually loading with any contact info.

Anybody else have trouble placing an order?

7 REPLIES 7
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Trying to Place an Order but Keep Getting 'Add Payment Method'

Hi @Mzskunk! Can you try logging in on a different device, either a different computer or mobile device, and placing your order there? Navigate to http://my.roku.com to find your offers. Let us know if changing devices helps or not!

Thanks!

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
0 Kudos
Mzskunk
Reel Rookie

Hi,

I tried ordering via my windows 11 computer via chrome and firefox, same issue.

Then I tried via my android phone and tablet, same issue.

Then I deleted the payment method, logged off roku.com, logged back on, and added the payment method (credit card) again. Then tried ordering, same issue, I just get dumped back to the page to add a payment method. 

I also tried adding PayPal as my payment method. It validated PayPal but I had the same issue with placing the order. 

Thanks for any more suggestions. I just don't know what's wrong. Is my account unable to order stuff? 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Mzskunk

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AJ54

I am not getting a verification of payment just continues to ask for payment method , then I press save and back to same page. Not sure if I ordered 1 stick and remote or 3. No answers at any customer service number. Tells me it’s after hours and it’s not.  Please help me. I’m not paying for shipping back orders. 
AJ

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @AJ54,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I can see that you’ve been in contact with our support team regarding your order status. Rest assured that I’ve escalated your Support request. We sincerely appreciate your patience. Keep an eye on your email, a member of our Support team will be in contact through email.

If you need any additional help and we’ll follow up to continue assisting you.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
hello23

It won't take my order either and I've tried all of the suggestions and different methods and choices. The page stays still when I click the final ok. AND the address in one of the areas is no longer valid (and not my billing address,) but it won't let me edit it. The box to do the edit in doesn't activate. I'm trying to buy a product they emailed me about. What can I do?

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@hello23 What product are you trying to purchase?  If it is a Roku Streaming Stick 4k they are on sale for $24.99 at Walmart, Target, Best Buy, Amazon and probably other places and you will get it faster than from Roku

0 Kudos