Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dspm
Channel Surfer

Roku taking money out for Netflix acct that doesn’t exit

Jump to solution

I have had Roku taking money out every month for a Netflix account that doesn’t exist. I have contacted Roku, netflix, and my bank. No one can help me. This has been going on for years. It’s so frustrating I end up giving up.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku taking money out for Netflix acct that doesn’t exit

Jump to solution

@Dspm

Thanks for the inquiry.

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our Support team directly here for your 'Account, payments & subscriptions' issue. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Dspm

Thank you for the inquiry!

For these issues, it may be more effective for you to get help from our billing team.
Please contact them directly through our Account-Billing Support page. Choose the options for "Account, payments & subscriptions" and they are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

We hope it helps!

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Dspm
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Oh I HAVE. Many times. They tell me I have to contact Netflix. Roku is taking money from me for a Netflix account that doesn’t exist. They have no record of the $9.99 account. Roku stopped being the middleman for Netflix in 2018. Yes, I’ve been paying every month because I keep giving up. I’m so frustrated. This is such a scam. I don’t know where to go from here.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Dspm

Thank you for the inquiry!

May we know the description of the unrecognized charge on your account? If the description of the charge says Roku for Netflix to get help from our billing team. However, if not, it is possible that the charge is from Netflix itself.

We hope it helps!

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Dspm If you have logged into your Roku account and it shows no subscription for Netflix the charge is NOT from Roku and they cannot help you.  If you do not have a Netflix account and the charge is not from Roku your bank or credit card should stop paying for what appears to be a scam.  If your bank is assuring you that the charge is from Roku is it possible you have a second Roku account or second Netflix account you have forgot about?

0 Kudos
Dspm
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

663869EB-11D3-4689-9BB1-B8AA7799B986.png

This is Roku taking money out

0 Kudos
Dspm
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

8F1666B4-249A-45A7-AA97-D73F4DBC1A50.png

These are my only subscriptions that Roku should be taking out. Netflix, as you can see, gets paid directly by me.

0 Kudos
Dspm
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I do not have another Roku account, nor do I have another Netflix account. I have been to the bank, changed my credit card, and have spent hours upon hours on the phone with both Roku and Netflix. They tell me the same thing you are, can’t figure it out, so they transfer me to each other. 

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Dspm I am running out of ideas.   What happens if you login to your Roku account and unsubscribe from Paramount + which I think is your only subscription that will renew.  Then go to Paramount + themselves and purchase the subscription.  Then remove your payment method from Roku so they have nothing they can charge to.  You should not have to do this but it may be a last resort. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Dspm

Thanks for the inquiry.

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our Support team directly here for your 'Account, payments & subscriptions' issue. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos