Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pambasilea
Reel Rookie

Subscription/sign in issues

Hi there, I have subscribed to Peacock with my Roku account, but when I try to access Peacock, it's requiring me to sign in with a Peacock account. I have had the same issue with Acorn when I subscribed via Roku, as well. I just gave up on that over a year ago, but with the Olympics starting tomorrow, I'm back there again! I also have a Roku that I purchased 11-12 years ago. Not sure if that is the issue. I have rebooted, removed, etc. several times. Help! Thanks very much. Fran

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Subscription/sign in issues

If you subscribe to Peacock through Roku, I believe you must access Peacock using The Roku Channel, not the stand-alone app. You need to subscribe to a provider directly with them to use their apps. 

I could be wrong, but I don't think so. Bottom line: always subscribe directly with the provider. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Pambasilea
Reel Rookie

Thanks very much. Unfortunately, it's not accessible via the Roku Channel, either! But I will take your advice moving forward about always subscribing with the provider and not Roku!

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Yeah, I personally don't subscribe to anything that requires a payment, so I don't have experience with those services. I did have a Peacock subscription once through my Xfinity Internet account, but they terminated that agreement so I removed the channel/app. I get MAX included with my cell service, and have no issues logging into their app on my Roku and Shield players using those credentials. 

I just looked through The Roku Channel using the web access, and you are correct Peacock is not listed there. So assuming your correctly show a subscription to Peacock TV on your Roku user web page (https://my.roku.com) there should be a way to access Peacock TV on your Roku device using their app. Interesting thing, I can't log into my user account right now, so perhaps Roku is having an issue with their site and that might be the problem with your access to the app.

I also did a search of the Roku site, and I'm not certain they offer Peacock as a subscription. So if you have subscribed to Peacock somewhere, it might not be through Roku. I do know the Peacock TV app on Roku does offer logging in to an existing account, but you'll need to know what credentials to use to log in, as your Roku credentials are not likely to work. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
jarmstr

I have the same issue with the Olympics.  I paid for a subscription through Roku and it does not work.  I cannot find any way to contact Roku for help, so I'm going to dispute the charges on my credit card instead.  Crazy that you pay for it, it doesn't work, there's no way to reach anyone, and they have no accountability for it.

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Pambasilea.

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you with the login issues with your subscription. Rest assured that we are willing to provide assistance to resolve this as soon as possible.

Let us know...

• Where are you trying to access this channel? If you purchased this subscription through Roku, you should only access it through "The Roku Channel."
  • What error message do you encounter when logging in with this channel?

We are eager to understand where this problem is coming from, so these additional details will give us more insight into your issue.

Please keep us posted for more updates.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos