Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mqnurse

Someone else’s stars is logged into all my Roku devices

Jump to solution

I went to sign up for starz and someone else’s whom I don’t know is logged into all my Roku tvs, and it’s not listed under my Roku account as a subscription. Yes I’m watching starz for free but I’m baffled how this happened. I do not know this person, I checked under account info had her name and email says payment is Roku but not my Roku. I thought maybe it was a returned tv but it’s on all my tvs even my old old ones which are all signed into my Roku account but this Kim persons starz account.  Her name is Kim Douglass so Kim if you see this  change  your starz password .lol. And check your Roku account. 
‘how can this happen? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Someone else’s stars is logged into all my Roku devices

Jump to solution

Hi, @xxnnoopap.

Welcome aboard to the Roku Community!

We understand your concern about someone else's Starz account logged in to your Roku. Rest assured that we're here to offer help.

If you noticed that your Roku is linked to a different account, try doing the following steps below to link your Roku to your account:

• Perform a factory reset to your Roku. Navigate to your Home Screen, then go to Settings > System > Advanced System Settings > Factory reset > Factory reset everything. This will erase everything on your Roku, and you will need to activate your Roku again; this time, you can activate it using your Roku account.
  • After activation, you can subscribe to any premium subscription, which will be linked to your Roku account.

For more information, you can visit this support article on How to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device.

Try performing the steps above and see if they resolve your problem.

Let us know how this works.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

We are appreciative of your engagement in the Roku Community, @Mqnurse!

We would be thrilled to assist you with your concerns. 

In this instance, we highly recommend contacting Starz customer support for further clarification and assistance. As of the moment, this would be the ideal option, as they are the ones who created, maintained, and updated their app on the Roku streaming platform independently. 

Aside from this, please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can be of assistance with. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
xxnnoopap

Jump to solution

What was the solution to this? The same thing has just happened to me and I spoke to a Starz customer service person and they said they could not do anything and this is a matter for Roku to help fix as Roku has my email and purchase details. 

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @xxnnoopap.

Welcome aboard to the Roku Community!

We understand your concern about someone else's Starz account logged in to your Roku. Rest assured that we're here to offer help.

If you noticed that your Roku is linked to a different account, try doing the following steps below to link your Roku to your account:

• Perform a factory reset to your Roku. Navigate to your Home Screen, then go to Settings > System > Advanced System Settings > Factory reset > Factory reset everything. This will erase everything on your Roku, and you will need to activate your Roku again; this time, you can activate it using your Roku account.
  • After activation, you can subscribe to any premium subscription, which will be linked to your Roku account.

For more information, you can visit this support article on How to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device.

Try performing the steps above and see if they resolve your problem.

Let us know how this works.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos